Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never used the E track system before so maybe someone could help.

I just bought a 16 foot utility trailer and I was going to but some E track down the middle (15' of it). The question i have is this. If I have two bikes on each side of the E track can I use the same d-rings that snap into the track for both bikes or do they need their own d-rings? What I'm saying is two tie-down hooks would be on one d-ring going to the bikes on each side of the E track.

F/J

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The website I was looking at rated them at I think 4100 lbs breaking point. I just didn't know if the rings locked in and force could be applied in more than one direction.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
fastjester said:
I just bought a 16 foot utility trailer and I was going to but some E track down the middle (15' of it). The question i have is this. If I have two bikes on each side of the E track can I use the same d-rings that snap into the track for both bikes or do they need their own d-rings? What I'm saying is two tie-down hooks would be on one d-ring going to the bikes on each side of the E track.

F/J

This is a really good question...I've done it a couple of times when needed, but for some reason, I tend to use a seperate set of rings for each bike. It just doesn't seem "right" when they are on the same rings.... :idunno:

Would be good to get one of our military cargo/payload guys to weigh in on this... :nod:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts