Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Early Stages 95 Nighthawk 750 Budget Streetfighter

41K views 39 replies 25 participants last post by  niceguy 
#1 ·
So I've recently purchased a 95 Nighthawk 750 and am looking at doing a semi-streetfighter build. I've always been around sport bikes, but saw a 95 nighthawk 750 that needed some cosmetic work for sale for 500 in running condition with 18k on the clock, just needed to have the carbs completely cleaned/tuned.

Anyway, so far I've currently installed some Clubman handlebars, as it gives the bike a much lower profile, and the same look as the clip ons (Clubmans obviously much cheaper).

Also added a Veypor Gauge to replace the non-working stock, broken gauges. Then had the carbs completely gone through, cleaned, tuned and jetted. Fluids have all been replaced, brand new avon tires, and inspection/registration.

Currently looking at ideas for the tank/exhaust/seat. Lookin for a tail/seat similar to that of a newer bike, just not sure which yet, all ideas accepted. As far as the tank goes, current one is dented all over, including some dents that are pretty massive, so I'm looking for a tank to replace it with that has a more aggressive, possibly narrower lines but wouldn't be ridiculously hard to adapt to my bike. Then with the exhaust I'm really once again looking for a 4-1 that gives it that sportbike/streetfighter look.

Any help appreciated guys.

See less See more
#6 ·
I agree, when I first got the motor it was running on 2 cylinders and pouring white smoke. Can't lie i was quite afraid the motor was no good. But sure enough, tuned and cleaned carbs lead to an amazing running bike.

Would def like some more speed, but for my current financial state, this is what I have to work with haha :evilaugh:

#7 ·

see if these pics work, snapped em today. Still waiting for a break in school to install the veypor guage to replace those broken ass pieces of **** that would pass as gauges. I'm hoping it makes a world of difference on the front end of the bike. Also got rid of that huge nasty piece that usually holds the license plate and turn signals etc...partially because it was broken, mostly because the actual tail light was cracked. Instead of purchasing a new tail light i just ran up to autozone and grabbed a trailer tail light, fabbed up a lil mounting system and the mounting system for the license plate light and license plate. Looks a lot better in my opinion.

#11 ·
rc51 swingers on ebay here or wera

same for the forks and rims and triples. thats where i hunt for stuff. any cbr rims will work really. personally i dig the 1krr style, but whatever floats your boat, they are lighter, but its not like it matters. mixing and matching can be done with any rims and forks and this and that, you just get into spacer complications and rotor complications, just make it work. hahah

dive in and sort the **** out as you go. mounting an rc51 swinger means having the frame modified to accept the proper suspension bits, its a big project, not just bolt and go.

#15 ·
I did some major work on my Nighthawk almost 10 years ago, maybe ahead of it's time, in any case, the bike is still a blast today and super reliable, maybe it will give you some interesting ideas for your projects.
I'm sending few pictures.
The best part about these project is the process it self!!!
Enjoy

Attachments

#18 ·
its not the prettiest bike to start with. so any alterations will only improve it.

for me you need to pic a 'genre' or 'look' for the bike. IMHO the engine and the tank lends itself to a 70's/80's retro style muscle bike...like the old zeds...

twin shock, zedbutt, high bars ( don't like the ones on it at all) and if you can stretch to it, a usd front end with twin brakes, or maybe early blade cos it looks fatter

sorry...you DID ask for ideas!

#23 ·
So I've recently purchased a 95 Nighthawk 750 and am looking at doing a semi-streetfighter build. I've always been around sport bikes, but saw a 95 nighthawk 750 that needed some cosmetic work for sale for 500 in running condition with 18k on the clock, just needed to have the carbs completely cleaned/tuned.

Anyway, so far I've currently installed some Clubman handlebars, as it gives the bike a much lower profile, and the same look as the clip ons (Clubmans obviously much cheaper).

Also added a Veypor Gauge to replace the non-working stock, broken gauges. Then had the carbs completely gone through, cleaned, tuned and jetted. Fluids have all been replaced, brand new avon tires, and inspection/registration.

Currently looking at ideas for the tank/exhaust/seat. Lookin for a tail/seat similar to that of a newer bike, just not sure which yet, all ideas accepted. As far as the tank goes, current one is dented all over, including some dents that are pretty massive, so I'm looking for a tank to replace it with that has a more aggressive, possibly narrower lines but wouldn't be ridiculously hard to adapt to my bike. Then with the exhaust I'm really once again looking for a 4-1 that gives it that sportbike/streetfighter look.

Any help appreciated guys.
Hi, I am about to buy a '00 750cc Black Nighthawk and want to convert it to cafe racer. A saw what you're doing to yours and it's spectacular. Can you tell me more about how you're doing with it? Where can I find the accesories and spareparts. I am from Mexico city.

Please post or send me photos of your bike, it's awesome!!!

#32 ·
Some great looking bikes here! I very nearly chopped a '82 CB900C (the bike that I learned on). But I decided a sportbike based fighter would fit me better :D.

Good luck to you HookemHorns, but I must say that I am predisposed not to like you! Lets just say this: GIG 'EM :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.