Registered
6,507 Posts
:drool::drool::drool: Easter Eggs......

I'm doing 2 charity rides this year:

RBLR Iron Butt

RBLR1000 - Home

And the National Rally

2010 National Road Rally

The RBLR1000 is a bit of an experiment, I've wanted to do an Iron Butt ride for a while now but TBH it's a lot of motorway miles, not exactly much fun. I might look at tweaking the route a bit, but as it's my first one I may just stick with it rather than risk running out of time :idunno:

The huge Wootton Bassett style rides are not really my thing, just too crowded - I like to ride to get away from crowds! But hey, each to their own, the WB ride was certainly extremely popular!

·
Registered
745 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
I'd meet you in wolves. Lived there all my life! moved to West Brom about a year ago! PM me times and stuff a few days before!

yeah! never met any org riders before!!!

·
Registered
6,507 Posts
Route for the iron butt took them up to my home town last year, if its the same route again this year Ill pop along to meet up with you Des for a chat :thumb:
We go right up to Wick (stop at Tesco for fuel), I reckon it'll be the same route as last year. If that's near to you, then why not meet up :thumb:

I plan on using the VFR for the Iron But, just because it's pointless trashing a set of Fireblade tyres on long motorway runs. This does, of course, mean that I may well have fallen off long before Wick! :lmao:

·
Registered
21,183 Posts
We go right up to Wick (stop at Tesco for fuel), I reckon it'll be the same route as last year. If that's near to you, then why not meet up :thumb:

I plan on using the VFR for the Iron But, just because it's pointless trashing a set of Fireblade tyres on long motorway runs. This does, of course, mean that I may well have fallen off long before Wick! :lmao:
Hey Des ,when is it ?,the run that is ! If am feeling fit enuff,i might join u on way up,as am In Perth,A9 North :evilaugh:

Yes met the peeps in tesco last year, got chatting to a few of them (managed to leave without paying lol). Weather depending I might join you in Inverness, catch you and Des there :D

·
Registered
6,507 Posts
Hey Des ,when is it ?,the run that is ! If am feeling fit enuff,i might join u on way up,as am In Perth,A9 North :evilaugh:
Yes met the peeps in tesco last year, got chatting to a few of them (managed to leave without paying lol). Weather depending I might join you in Inverness, catch you and Des there :D
Nice one lads! :thumb: It'd be good if it worked out.

The ride starts at 9am on the 19th June, I plan to do Route A which is clockwise starting near Leeds.

RBLR1000 - The Routes

I'll have a look to figure out when I should be passing through.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.