Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 20 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
6,507 Posts
OK just testing the water here....

With a lovely Bank Hol weekend coming up, and assuming the weather stays how it is, I intend to get out and about on my bike.

I wondered if we could do something with the .org.

I have no fixed plans at the moment, I guess it depends on who (if anyone) is interested and where we are geographically.

One idea would be to determine a central meeting point, plan a ride from there, and meet there in the morning, do the ride and then go home.

If we are all spread out, another idea would be to decide on a place to meet for lunch, and plan some regional rides to/from the meeting point. (Someone from each region would need to plan the routes....)

Whaddayareckon?

·
Premium Member
11,900 Posts
Re: Good Friday ride anyone?

Sounds good to me but not sure if/when ex is havin kids at any point over easter holidays.. Am trying to find out..

·
Registered
6,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Sounds good - tell me a central location and Ill try and get there.
Baldock Services, 9am? ;)

Godd plan, great idea Des...its at times like these I miss living in Wales:(
Hope everyone gets together for a meet up:thumb:
Well just think, you also got to miss the worst winter in recorded history as well.... :)

There is only one ride. Skipton - Grassington - Hawes - Sedburgh - Kirby Lonsdale. Anything else is just wasting petrol and rubber.
Variety is the spice of life my friend. While I don't know those exact roads, I will have ridden them (I go through Hawes and the Dales quite a lot - waqs in Hawes a couple of weeks ago in fact) and they are good, no doubt - but I prefer the Scottish West Coast personally.

·
Premium Member
14,716 Posts

Would love to Des but I have my dear old mum's 80th birthday on Good Friday. ;)

·
Registered
6,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

OK, due to both the lack of interest and the really crap weather forecast, I am cancelling this ride. If we get to see a summer this year, maybe something can be arranged then.

Des.

·
Registered
6,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Good, we should get a few rides organised IMHO. We seem to be building up a good few members located close enough to make it work.

Looks like Easter is gonna be a wash-out though... I'm planning to stay in and eat loads of Easter eggs! :lickout:

·
Registered
582 Posts

All you have to do now Des is sort the weather, and throw a tow rope around rr ray's bike so we can keep up ! lol

Going to have a word with him upstairs for some better weather, prolly wont help as i have been asking for the winning loto number for ages.

Baldock services work for me, but where then ? Got a route planned ?

·
Registered
6,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

All you have to do now Des is sort the weather, and throw a tow rope around rr ray's bike so we can keep up ! lol

Going to have a word with him upstairs for some better weather, prolly wont help as i have been asking for the winning loto number for ages.

Baldock services work for me, but where then ? Got a route planned ?
LOL, hopefully no ropes would be required...

Baldock services was just a joke for our Aussie friend, but it could be used as a meeting point. It would depend on who exactly was going and where everyone was based. I do have a couple of routes stored starting there, can't recall how good they were though. I was thinking more of sorting a route out once a meeting point was agreed.

Alternatively, anyone arranging a ride out could just name a place and time to meet and go from there - organisers privilege I suppose! Might be a better approach :idunno:

·
Registered
582 Posts

Sounds like your the man to do it Des ! Never going to get everyone there mate "figure of speech" so organize some good weather and a day and we will sort out who can come!

At least 3 of use are reasonable close for a meet, then we can head out loopy country!

·
Registered
931 Posts

When is the fireblade day at the Ace cafe? Even though it means riding down the M6 and M1 I intend to be there, maybe a good time to meet up?
We would naturally all have to wear something to identify the 'blades.org bretheren, I suggest French maids outfits for the girls, open to suggestions for the lads....

1 - 20 of 192 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.