Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the critics are already agreeing

But I think he's gonna smoke! Anyone that can ride that 7RR like he did, the 999 will FEEL slow to him, but it'll be easier to ride!

Is it too early to predict anything? I see bostrom rolling over Mladin! I can hear the excuses ALREADY!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Whoa....that's huge...and I agree that he is going to roll Mladin and everyone else in the field now that he's on a big twin....gonna make for a fun season for sure.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Hmmm...I dunno. The Ducati Austin team is stuck in a loser rut, and E-Boz has been on inline fours for a long time. Of course, the rules still favor twins...

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
I hear ya...

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
When was their last championship?

Bussei did all right, but we're talking about a championship here...against the likes of Suzuki and Honda...

·
Registered
126 Posts
This is going to be interesting.... EBoz is a huge talent. But... Getting up to speed on a very different bike and with different rubber too and a low buck team with Daytona being the first race! This is a tall order for anyone. Hopefully the 'book' Austin Ducati put together last season will get them up to speed quickly.
Maybe a cash infusion and timely factory support will help. I for one am glad to see EBoz on a different colored bike (green, yuck. ;-) )

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
luvtolean : When was their last championship?

Bussei did all right, but we're talking about a championship here...against the likes of Suzuki and Honda...
I blame gobert for their lack of good fortune this year. He just wasn't doing something right, that bike was competitive.

Bussei came in, off riding the WSBK R1, and would have podium'd at VIR, did well at Mid O, and podium'd at Barber. Considering he was new to the tracks and all, thats not too bad.

I'm betting on E boz. They guy has skills, he's on a competitive bike for once, when he is used to competing and beating mofos on a lesser bike.

He WILL be in the championship hunt. The only question I have is how will they do at Daytona? Ducati wants to win there, E boz hates that place though...

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not to mention this isn't just Ducati Austin, this is CORSE... With Corse engineers...

I'm excited for Eric, the guy deserves a chance on a better bike. I could see this leading to a MGP Ducati ride for him too... What did Kwak ever do for him?? Nothing, they let Pitt go to MGP for christs sake...

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
ccwilli3 :  What did Kwak ever do for him??  Nothing, they let Pitt go to MGP for christs sake...
I just read somewhere that the MotoGP team didn't want an American and that corporate would have had to fight to get Eric on that bike. He's probably better off this way anywho.

·
Registered
728 Posts
The AMA is going to be very competitive next year. I like E-Boz, but don't know if I can root for a Duck. Next year ought to be fun.

·
Registered
397 Posts
ccwilli3 : I blame gobert for their lack of good fortune this year.  He just wasn't doing something right, that bike was competitive.

Bussei came in, off riding the WSBK R1, and would have podium'd at VIR, did well at Mid O, and podium'd at Barber.  Considering he was new to the tracks and all, thats not too bad.
I can dig what you are saying here dude, but seriously give the Go-Show some slack. I don’t think he was doing anything wrong. I think the team and Gobert just bumped heads a lot, or maybe even Gobert made a few(haha) wrong comments reguarding the team and the performance of the bike, leading to not much support in the pits.

In all righteousness I don’t think it's correct to put blame on Gobert without adding Piccote and Chandler to that list. Because, If you remember, the two did not fair all that well the Austin Duc either. Bussei IMO got lucky. Didn’t he podium one of those races by default? He did do significantly better than the afore mentioned, but I don’t think Bussei is championship material.

Not with The Boss on a competitive ride anyway.
Go EBos!!!

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
Bussei got 4th at Brainerd in his first race with the team, in his first race in the United States on the same bike that Gobert was running. I'd say that's all right. Gobert is maybe the most talented rider out there. But his head has never been straight and it looks like maybe it never will.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts