Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies at the outset if these questions are a bit absurd.

I am interested in improving/upgrade a 929 track bike / commuter.

1) Would like to improve the suspension - Ohlins apparently doesn't have much

2) I would like to flash the ECU - is this possible for a bike this old?

Any suggestions.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I could'nt find any one can reflash CBR929rr ECU...

Suspension!! go racetech gold valve kits would be good for you..

For the other option for race powerful CBR929rr ECU, I might go buy US model Erion racing CBR929rr ECU, But don't know where to buy a new one and it need Erion Racing ECU parts number. Or Erion Racing ECU just same as normal 929 ecu...

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
You pretty much can't flash Honda ECU's. You'll need a power commander to adjust fuel/ignition.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I could'nt find any one can reflash CBR929rr ECU...

Suspension!! go racetech gold valve kits would be good for you..

For the other option for race powerful CBR929rr ECU, I might go buy US model Erion racing CBR929rr ECU, But don't know where to buy a new one and it need Erion Racing ECU parts number. Or Erion Racing ECU just same as normal 929 ecu...

If you mean the ECU from a stock Erion Edition 929 then it's identical to the non-Erion ECU. I don't know if Erion Racing produced an aftermarket race ECU.

·
Registered
199 Posts
If you mean the ECU from a stock Erion Edition 929 then it's identical to the non-Erion ECU. I don't know if Erion Racing produced an aftermarket race ECU.
Thanks larry

And so do ya know where to buy Erion racing CBR929rr ECU? What kinda Brand after market ECU

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Thanks larry

And so do ya know where to buy Erion racing CBR929rr ECU? What kinda Brand after market ECU

As I said, the Erion Edition ECU is _exactly_ the same as the standard 929 ECU - the Erion Edition is _exactly_ the same as any other 929 except for paint and stickers.
If Erion Racing (the company) had made their own ECU for the 929's they raced then they would be aftermarket ECU's - I don't know if they bothered though and would be surprised if they did. More likely they would've just run HRC stuff I would think. Aftermarket simply means anything not sold as part of the original bike when it was marketed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You pretty much can't flash Honda ECU's. You'll need a power commander to adjust fuel/ignition.
Will that allow my bike to prime.all the relays been changed , stator, fuel pump , battery and it still won’t prime unless I probe it. Everything comes on cranks but won’t turn over . Wire harness has been checked ,all fuses as well. It’s got great compression and still nothing. Was riding it and the gauges started tweaking, the lights on it was going in and out then bike cut off. Got a jump to get it home then everything went out until I changed everything. Code is anti theft . I checked the pink wire and that’s at correct volt.

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,086 Posts
Will that allow my bike to prime.all the relays been changed , stator, fuel pump , battery and it still won’t prime unless I probe it. Everything comes on cranks but won’t turn over . Wire harness has been checked ,all fuses as well. It’s got great compression and still nothing. Was riding it and the gauges started tweaking, the lights on it was going in and out then bike cut off. Got a jump to get it home then everything went out until I changed everything. Code is anti theft . I checked the pink wire and that’s at correct volt.
Did you just sell this 929 today?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts