Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if i had my ecu flashed and i was trying to reset my check engine light so i put the paper cli in the wiring harness under the seat and then i turned the throttle all the way turned the key on reset the check engine light does that reset my ecu to stock?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Does anyone know if i had my ecu flashed and i was trying to reset my check engine light so i put the paper cli in the wiring harness under the seat and then i turned the throttle all the way turned the key on reset the check engine light does that reset my ecu to stock?
Flashing the ECU changes the software code and parameters for things like fuel, timing, etc. Resetting with a paperclip does not change this back to stock settings and software. Anyone with flashing software and the proper harnesses can do that for you.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
MCU innovations went thru the trouble of hacking the SC57 because the owner had a test subject, me.

We’re not on speaking terms after he got mad at me about a Facebook topic. I never installed his quick shifter. Ah, we’ll.

Grab your ECU and check his website to see if you have a compatible model. His focus has been on supporting race teams after he found the secret sauce. I wish him well.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Can be is not the same as nobody has done it yet. Look up the ECU model. ECUs get moved around different models. There are a few ECUs that are common between Honda and Kawasaki. It’s also possible that the software is backward compatible with your ECU. Someone just needs to be willing to spend the time on it, but just like my SC57, there isn’t a business case for it, doesn’t mean it can’t be done.

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,332 Posts
Jay and Machine, the carbed 900’s, as far as I know, don’t have enough “parameters” to flash. The 29 and 54 “probably” can’t be flashed due to the age of their build/design, and I would believe that the PC would employ the same idea; changing the map, fine tune adjustments and maybe a rev limit change. I don’t know, I’ve never had an FI bike to learn about.

I think an actual “hard answer” is needed for this question.

Hopefully someone who knows more than me (which isn’t difficult) can hook us up.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
In the process of exploring, he found the ECU for the SC57 had more space than what is used by a stock bike including provisions for multiple maps. The quick shifter I have is enabled by ECU, just I haven’t flashed it yet.

The hardware capability (with handlebar switch console) is there for pit lane speed limiter, launch control and we were also discussing wheelie control but that would require additional sensors.

Now, these types of things are standard on bikes, but Denso and I forget the other ECU maker put these things there a long time ago.

929 and 954 are ECU controlled bikes. It would be interesting to see what’s there. I doubt you’d get that on a carbureted bike. I forgot those things even exist.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts