Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is the second part to my earlier post (Common Road Side Break Downs)

The reason for this post is I am planning to put together a compact EDC (Every Day Carry) pouch for my bike. Because most sport bikes have a very limited to really no trunk space. Since I ride a CBR1000RR, I would like to only carry a small kit that will work for 60% to 70% common road side break downs.

So far I have not seen a compact road side kit that really takes the common road side break downs into account and what you can really do on the side of the road.

So my first phase was to identify the common road side break downs and the next part is to identify compact gear that will help a person resolve or temporarily resolve his/her road side situation.

So based on the top 4 common road side break downs below:
1) Running out of gas
2) Electrical (Blown Fuse, faulty wire, loose terminal)
3) Flat Tire
4) Coolant leak (Hose leak or Radiator damage due to rock)
These are the initial set of tools I am planning to put in my EDC pouch for my bike:
1) Bit Dr.® 10X -- The Economy Driver (Bit Dr.® 10X -- The Economy Driver™ (Non-Ratchet, 10 S2 Bits) [BD10X] - $19.95 : loggerheadtools, Home of the Bionic Wrench)
2) Leatherman Squirt PS4 (Leatherman multi-tools: Squirt PS4 )
3) Piece of wire
4) Zip Ties
5) Sealant Tape – Miracle Tape (Miracle Tape :: Aerostich/RiderWearHouse Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear )
6) Flat Keychain flash light (Lighthound Keychain Flashlight Black Body, White LED )
7) CO2 Kit (CO2 Power Kit - Tire Repair Kits - Tire Repair - Tools :: Aerostich/RiderWearHouse Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear )
8) Tire Repair Kit – Dynaplug (Welcome to Dynaplug.com! Home of The World's Best Tire Repair Tool! )
9) Spare Fuses
10) Gas Siphon – E Fill Siphon (E-Fill Siphon :: Aerostich/RiderWearHouse Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear )
If someone has come across a better and more compact tool than a tool listed above please feel free to post it…

Again I am only looking for tools that will be placed in an EDC pouch that could be used to resolve the 4 common road side break downs listed above. Also I didn’t list a cell phone since that is something that goes without saying…

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is the second part to my earlier post (Common Road Side Break Downs)

The reason for this post is I am planning to put together a compact EDC (Every Day Carry) pouch for my bike. Because most sport bikes have a very limited to really no trunk space. Since I ride a CBR1000RR, I would like to only carry a small kit that will work for 60% to 70% common road side break downs.

So far I have not seen a compact road side kit that really takes the common road side break downs into account and what you can really do on the side of the road.

So my first phase was to identify the common road side break downs and the next part is to identify compact gear that will help a person resolve or temporarily resolve his/her road side situation.

So based on the top 4 common road side break downs below:
1) Running out of gas​
2) Electrical (Blown Fuse, faulty wire, loose terminal)​
3) Flat Tire​
4) Coolant leak (Hose leak or Radiator damage due to rock)​
These are the initial set of tools I am planning to put in my EDC pouch for my bike:
2) Leatherman Squirt PS4 (Leatherman multi-tools: Squirt PS4 )​
3) Piece of wire​
4) Zip Ties​
6) Flat Keychain flash light (Lighthound Keychain Flashlight Black Body, White LED )​
9) Spare Fuses​
If someone has come across a better and more compact tool than a tool listed above please feel free to post it…

Again I am only looking for tools that will be placed in an EDC pouch that could be used to resolve the 4 common road side break downs listed above. Also I didn’t list a cell phone since that is something that goes without saying…
Great !

But what about the flashlight we need to carryout ?
Also I'm confused to which is the best between headlamp or small hand-held flashlight to add in EDC while doing night riding!

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Dude, you replied to a 9 year old thread.
"It's dead, Jim!"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts