Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I'm dumb, I cant seem to find the invoice price of a car on edmunds.com I did a search a read previous threads that mentioned it and cant seem to put two and two together.

As a side note we need the help smilie that was availible for thread titles for in posts :twocents:

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Click on new cars, then the make of your choice, model, then you can choose options if you'd like. It shows MSRP, invoice and TMV.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
The invoice price is rarely what the dealer actually pays after flooring specials, comps, rebates, overstock charges, freight allowance etc. They usually don't have a handle on their actual costs until the following quarter since many of the factory incentives are based on prior quarter purchases.

I have seen cases of an invoice of 27,600 where the total cost to the dealer including freight etc. was under 18K after all of the incentives and whatnot were applied.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ND4SPD said:
Still on the top of my list just considering other options. I dont think I could control myself in a car like that, those just say "go fast" as soon as you sit in them. If I buy a WRX it wont be an 06 I still favor the 04-05 body style.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
My database shows 7% markup, pretty slim but like Abtech said, that ain't the dealer's real cost. They have volume bonuses, dealer incentives, manufacturer write-downs etc. There is always more money.

Also, they probably expect to make 12-1500 in the business office with loan reserves, interest markup, ext warranty, term-life & disability, protection package, blah blah blah.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
phobiaphobe said:
My database shows 7% markup, pretty slim but like Abtech said, that ain't the dealer's real cost. They have volume bonuses, dealer incentives, manufacturer write-downs etc. There is always more money.

Also, they probably expect to make 12-1500 in the business office with loan reserves, interest markup, ext warranty, term-life & disability, protection package, blah blah blah.
and the ubiquitous "under coating" :rotfl:

Jerry: What is that anyway?

Putty: No one really knows . . .

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Our dealership charges anywhere from 900-1300 for the 4-way propack... comes with a lifetime warranty but only if you bring it in for an inspection every year. Costs us about 150 bucks.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ND4SPD said:
Drive an 06 before you cross it off your list. The 3rd gen car is MUCH improved. Rides nicer, more comfortable, and has a little more power.
I'm really thinking I'd lose my driving privledges for a loooooooong time with a WRX.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts