Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
I ****en hate photo bucket. Its slow, full of spam, full of ads. just looking at someone else's photos on there is a chore.
I hope you get your photos back Ian. Didnt they shut down in recent years and wipe out everybody's photos at one stage?

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
just read that if you are on a PC and you right click on the blocked PB image and select view image you can then see it in the PB website.

Not much use but at least the images have not been deleted.

However to add insult to injury PB won't let you download any of your own images. The only way I've found to recover them is to view them in the iPad app and then take a screenshot.

They really are a bunch of crooks it's just like a ransomware virus

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Hi Gunk, closed the account with Photobucket as I have the exact same Pictures in a folder on my PC, would have been nicer if they gave some notice but I suppose they were trying to catch people out with the ransom demand :wink

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
yes, I worry about all these central services, including gmail, which I lean on heavily. Even that is just a matter of time. Assume you all have applied the perfc fix for Wannacry?

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
yes, I worry about all these central services, including gmail, which I lean on heavily. Even that is just a matter of time. Assume you all have applied the perfc fix for Wannacry?
Google uses all that information to make money off of you. They lose money on Google Maps but expect changes in the future when they start selling ads. The issue with PhotoBucket, they can display ads when you are on their site, when the image is being displayed by a third-party site, no ads. I would wager that most of the images being displayed was on third-party sites.

Another option, Microsoft OneDrive. My family has a Microsoft Office 365 subscription and it is good for five people/installs. Along with it comes 1TB of OneDrive storage. At least this is a paid for service via Office 365. You can create links for the photos to be shared and 1TB is a lot of pics. It still wouldn't stop them from changing their ToS/EULA but there would be less that they could so than a free service.

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
yeah, this sucks :crap:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Wouldn't it be nice if Fireblades hosted forum related pics?
Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Thanks for ruining 90% of MY photos that I took, that I used on this site. You suck, and I hope you rot in hell.

Of course, reinstate all the photos that I've posted here, leave my account alone and all is forgiven.
Hi Ian , any further along with restoring any of your photos , really missing your input on this site matey:crying::frown

1 - 20 of 52 Posts