Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me, or does anyone else's coffeemaker fail to brew the stuff at a sufficient temp? I inherited my dad's asbestos lined mouth and can drink smoldering hot liquids. I find myself having to nuke my damn coffee as soon as I pour it.

:rant:

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
how hot is not hot enough? Get a thermometer and see what you have.

It should be 165 at a minimum. 180-190 is for people that like it "ex-hot".

FYI: Milk will burn north of 180 degrees.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ccwilli3 said:
how hot is not hot enough? Get a thermometer and see what you have.

It should be 165 at a minimum. 180-190 is for people that like it "ex-hot".

FYI: Milk will burn north of 180 degrees.
Good intel willi, thanks. I'll pick up a cheap thermometer at Wally World sometime this week. I don't think the thing's on the blink though, I think I'm just a fire eating freak.

:flame: :smilebig:

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Can't imagine starting my day without a cup of coffee.

My home coffee pot sucks and makes a warm cup. SO I do the microwave thing too. However the store coffee pot makes a cup that even after an hr drive to work is still hot when I get here. Is it asking to much for a hot cup from a home machine.... I think not :thumbd:

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One trick I've resorted to in the past is this: run your cup full of hot tap water while you're waiting for the coffee to brew and let it sit until you're ready to pour the shimmering black gold. The hot water saps the cold outta the ceramic and allows the coffee to remain hotter, longer. Try it, it works.

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Chain said:
One trick I've resorted to in the past is this: run your cup full of hot tap water while you're waiting for the coffee to brew and let it sit until you're ready to pour the shimmering black gold. The hot water saps the cold outta the ceramic and allows the coffee to remain hotter, longer. Try it, it works.
I do that with my travel mug.. works pretty well :thumb:

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Chain said:
Good intel willi, thanks. I'll pick up a cheap thermometer at Wally World sometime this week. I don't think the thing's on the blink though, I think I'm just a fire eating freak.

:flame: :smilebig:
No problem... I work p/t at a starbucks and we brew at 200 degrees F. Anywhere from 195-205 is acceptable.

Any less than that and you don't get a sufficient brew. Not to mention your coffee being cold!

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Coffee isn't the greatest thing in the world (in general) but a good cup is a must in the a.m. How the hell else could we make up for the late nights staying up posting on this place :smilebig:

And ND not all coffee is bad... I just started using those flavored creamers and man that stuff can cover up even the worst cup of coffee :thumb:

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
ccwilli3 said:
You haven't ever had good coffee man, thats all it is.
I'm not so sure there is such a thing :poke: I just don't feel the need to drink it :idunno: I tried it, didn't like it. I'll drink a capuccino every now and then during winter when it's bitter cold, but that's about it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I've got one of the Starbuck's line of coffee makers. They're a bit spendy, but it's damn hot and makes a good cup of java.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts