Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:welcome:Hi im a virgin.....be gentle..... Can any 1 tell me if their is a trick i can do on the cbr1000rr for the EGCV valve to trick the ecu into thinking its ther as i have been told by my rolling road guy that when i remove it the Buggy(powered by a cbr1000rr engine) is retarding its ignition by 6 degrees which is why i am seeing power gains at the dyno when fitting an ignition module and advancing.
Does any1 have any expirience of this.

ps i strip the bike looms and completley rebuild, i'm a proper tidy freak and dont like the idea on just throwing the servo back in wherever if thats what every1 is gonna suggest!

cheers for any help on this

if any1 fancys some off road fun on 4 wheels with superbike power check out our website Rage Motorsport | Buggies | road and off road buggy

Andy

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
Probably gotta find someone who can make a card insert with that circut to run as a power curve change, an add on that can be plugged to the ECU. Probably otherwise a permanent part that you, or I don't like.

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
Ignition and injector timing are controlled via computer. This item is the ECU! All the funtional perramitter's are stored and referenced according to demand. Some systems are designed to work closed loop, or open loop. Respectively; closed loop works as a set of perramitters that can not be changed. Open loop works with set perramitters that are referenced and adjustments to fuel and ignition are made accordding to an array of senser's. These sensers read outside air temp & due point, (mass air metters) throttle possition, crank angle, engine temp, and so on, ect.
This particular sittuation requires someone with a bit more knowledge than I have, about the programing involved with this bike, (CBR10RR).
It's getting close to my bed time and mommy is making me go to bed now.
Look on some of the web sites for after market stuff that work with this bike. That should get you close. Start asking questions like; can you reprogram the computer on my bike?, is there an addapter system that can allow me to change power management? and the sort's like that. I remember back in the 90's there was a guy who could take a GSXR black box and change it all up. Sort of Jeckle/hide kind of thing with a switch and a usb port.
Welp! MOMMY is yelling now...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ive heard of people soldering resistors into a circuit to cope with sensors being gone on cars. Maybe you could do this? I don't know if it would work but it's worth a thought from somebody who knows a whole lot more than me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive got a guy measuring the output's on an oscilloscope but the circuit board that would need to be made would be too complex and not cost effective, so we are gonna concentrate on 'full throttle' position as this is where were are at most times on a track, i'm beginning to think it would be cheaper to use the motor because it can vary its own signal based on the ECU's output signal as SIDMARKLONG has pointed out in his own strange way :hmm:.

Ps did you get your milk and cookies?

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
It probably is better to continue to use the drive motor for the exhaust valve.:(. When I go to Yoshimura, or any other after market web site, I always see that the cable is removed and a warnning about making sure the drive motor stays in a certian position, or you have some sort of warning come on and the engine runs funny because of this. I am sure this is what you are trying to get rid of, and I get the idea that it is unneccessary for what you are doing. Maybe, a look at the new Honda superbike might reveal the secret. However, when are you ever gonna see one that close.
In any case, have fun, hope you can make your bike work the way you want. I don't have any tricks up my sleeve for this one, yet. So far, it looks like you can only buy components that are add on, and not elliminating anything, other than wieght, and that 4000rpm deep sounding drone noise. More power can be had, but still nothing to ellimniate the exhaust valve motor.

Mother is now making cookies. I will go see if I can lic the beeter's without her turnning on the mixer unit:eek: .:plus1: .

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
Sorry about that, not, "bike", but rage buggy. Do you have a picture of your project?:) We call them rail buggies in the states.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its not project we are buisness. look up rage buggy on 'youtube' or look at our website Rage Motorsport | Buggies | road and off road buggy we sell about 10 a month and always getting in new and used engines so should be no problem looking at honda superbike's. we are currently moving onto zx14 engine as they provide a bag load of torque. even the late great Colin Mcrae bought 1 from us YouTube - Tribute to Colin McRae R.I.P.. and more recently an arabian shake, you can see him doing wheelies up the dune's on youtube as well YouTube - rage buggy zx1400 Kawasaki engine (( all eyes on me )) . when we went out to deliver it, it was the fastest thing bhp per ton = 350 at the wheels

they are road legal as well.

what do you think dude???!!!

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Maybe, a look at the new Honda superbike might reveal the secret.
Any Honda Superbike is almost certain to be running aftermarket or HRC electrics which would do away with the valve completely.

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
Okay, thats a very fun looking buggy. All the models your company makes look like lots of fun. Must be great to assemble them and see them run.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts