1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A 3+ million popular vote gap...

Largest popular vote ever...

A 3-way Republican sweep...

The pundits were wrong about this election...it was not a referendum on terror, Iraq, or the economy. It was a referendum on the Democratic Party platform....

Once the people's party, they have allowed themselves to be hijacked from the inside by a few extremists with box knives... They have lost their heart and soul, and no longer seem to represent the people. In the media age, they thought they could choose a man for his telegenic qualities instead of his character, and were wrong....

I am overwhelmed with the feeling that the Democrats must reject the extremists, regain their connection to the people or our system, and ultimately our country will suffer.....

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Baketech said:
I am overwhelmed with the feeling that the Democrats must reject the extremists, regain their connection to the people or our system, and ultimately our country will suffer.....
Ain't it grand?
The problem is, McAuliffe is such an extremist himself that he doesn't have the ability to lead his own extremist party back to legitimacy.
Instead, they will regain their connection with laywers and judges and try to steal this election through idiotic lawsuits, just as they tried to steal it 4 years ago.
While it is sad for those decent democrats like Zell Miller or even Joe Lieberman, I find it quite rewarding to watch the implosion of the neolibs.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
BDA116 said:
While it is sad for those decent democrats like Zell Miller or even Joe Lieberman, I find it quite rewarding to watch the implosion of the neolibs.
Yes, that is the sad part. Zell Miller had class from what I saw and he was a more Moderate Democrat.

What has really captured my attention is the inaccuracy of the exit polls being taken. From what I've noticed, there were as much as 10% off on their predictions, which went to Kerry. It's overwhelming enough that I dare to say that there was an agenda there, given the one-sidedness of their results. Since what they predict can have a result on the outcome of the election, they should be held accountable.

·
Registered
887 Posts
ccwilli3 said:
Yeah, where's Usama? Didn't all the libs predict he'd be found "to boost bush" for the election... :rolleyes:

Riiiiiiiiiight
Guess I was wrong there, huh? :hmm: I guess you "cons" feel pretty good about yourselves that he's still out there? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's rediculous to think anyone feels good about that....

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
The problem I see is that the Dems are wondering what Kerry did wrong or what he failed to do to win the election. They are not even concidering that they chose the wrong candidate. The first thing they have to do is realise that no matter how well you dress up the pig, people still won't want to take it to the prom. I found myself once again voting for the "lesser of two evels" instead of voting for the "better choice of the two".

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
It was an election of values...of which Kerry failed to get across to Joe America. Regardless of Iraq, terrorism, or the economy, George Bush represents the value system of many Americans...something lacking in the last Democratic presidency.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Red Rider said:
It was an election of values...of which Kerry failed to get across to Joe America. Regardless of Iraq, terrorism, or the economy, George Bush represents the value system of many Americans...something lacking in the last Democratic presidency.
:nod:

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
nedro said:
The problem I see is that the Dems are wondering what Kerry did wrong or what he failed to do to win the election. They are not even concidering that they chose the wrong candidate. The fist thing they have to do is realise that no matter how well you dress up the pig, people still won't want to take it to the prom. I found myself once again voting for the "lesser of two evels" instead of voting for the "better choice of the two".
same here. The dems ran on the motto "anyone but bush". Well, even that anyone wasn't believable.

In the end, I think it was kerry's waffling on the issues that did him in.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
ccwilli3 said:
same here. The dems ran on the motto "anyone but bush". Well, even that anyone wasn't believable.

And picking a running mate that couldn't even win his own state wasn't very smart either.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
ccwilli3 said:

I think they did the best they could, given the candidate they ran. The election might have been up for the taking if they had run a more moderate candidate but they picked the worst guy they could - an extreme lefty with an extreme voting record, no major accomplishments, and a knack for changing positions as the wind blew. He tried running on his Vietnam service until his shipmates stood up and debunked his stories, then he turned to Iraq, but all he could say was, "I have a plan".

With the way the election went, I think the Dems could have won it if they had run a more moderate candidate with the resolve to continue to fight terrorism in the best interest of the US (and not the UN).

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
ER said:
I think the Dems could have won it if they had run a more moderate candidate with the resolve to continue to fight terrorism in the best interest of the US (and not the UN).
Like WHO :allears: ?

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
ER said:
I think they did the best they could, given the candidate they ran. The election might have been up for the taking if they had run a more moderate candidate but they picked the worst guy they could - an extreme lefty with an extreme voting record, no major accomplishments, and a knack for changing positions as the wind blew. He tried running on his Vietnam service until his shipmates stood up and debunked his stories, then he turned to Iraq, but all he could say was, "I have a plan".

With the way the election went, I think the Dems could have won it if they had run a more moderate candidate with the resolve to continue to fight terrorism in the best interest of the US (and not the UN).
I agree. The Dems have focused too much capturing minority votes and left wing votes (sheep that are slave to the democratic ticket, the dems could really care less about them), that they forgot about their old voter base. Used to be about the everyday man, the farmer, the hard workers that drove the economy... This year it was too extreme, too much we need "change". Well, what change I ask. And I'd get the std put off line, "I can do it better!" or "I am not like bush". You are right, he has a backbone! Have you seen yours!? Perhaps it too is in a jar on the mantel with your balls! Ask your wife if you can have them back to hang out with the boys...

Never liked lawyers, didn't vote for edwards originally and everyone in the south new he wasn't "like them"... Good try from the democrats, but he too never answered questions directly enough to pull any moderates over for a change. "John Kerry has a plan, trust him to lead the US." Uhhh, I need more than that bossman...

·
Registered
289 Posts
Bill Richardson, the governor of NM would have been a great choice for VP. International credentials, everyday problems.

Can someone tell me how to measure 'extremism'? Do we measure it from where each of us stands? Do we all view ourselves as 'moderate' the same way that we probably all view ourselves as 'middle class' ?

I am not arguing that Kerry was a good choice. I don't think that he was and his campaign slogan, 'Us against Them', was just plain bad. At least GW had the smarts to lie and claim to be a uniter.

The victory of either candidate disenfranchises the others supporters, and has for the last four elections. Maybe it is time for the government to rethink itself. Do a little rework of the constitution.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
"President Bush's decisive margin of victory makes this the first presidential election since 1988 in which the winner received a majority of the popular vote," said Card, referring to the White House victory by Bush's father, President George H.W. Bush. "And in this election, President Bush received more votes than any presidential candidate in our country's history."

Way to go W!!

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Baketech said:
A 3+ million popular vote gap...

Largest popular vote ever...

A 3-way Republican sweep...

The pundits were wrong about this election...it was not a referendum on terror, Iraq, or the economy. It was a referendum on the Democratic Party platform....

Once the people's party, they have allowed themselves to be hijacked from the inside by a few extremists with box knives... They have lost their heart and soul, and no longer seem to represent the people. In the media age, they thought they could choose a man for his telegenic qualities instead of his character, and were wrong....

Careful. There were a bunch of freakish asshole ultra conservatives elected who stand for EXTREMELY right religious stuff. Politicians like this tend to leave a bad taste in the general pooulation.

I think this election mostly demonstrated that Kerry was a really lousy candidate, not that the party is out of touch.

I'd agree that the demos are more aloof, they mentioned it on the news too. But I don't think this is new...

Reagan rose the republican party out of the ashes, lets see if a demo steps up in 08.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts