1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
I hear you, but I also think that it is to be expected when the margin of victory is smaller than the margin of error inherent in the system.... :idunno:

IMO, the Democrats are in a real crack with this election, and they will do about anything to make it happen.... :crap:

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
If you want to see the real problem check the states that were close that the republicans lost yet no lawsuits, check the tickets and see who the trial lawyers contribute to. This is not a everyone is sueing issue. If legal action is started you need to defend yourself. The big lie is Bush stole the election with lawyers, yet Gore initiated the lawsuits.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I agree with the problem Bake. I just HATE to see lawsuits becoming the status quo for elections...

Sheep, I'm not partisan on this issue. It is my belief neither party will behave well.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I wonder if we will have eventually have to slide the election date back and just incorporate the litigation into the process.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
spillover said:
I wonder if we will have eventually have to slide the election date back and just incorporate the litigation into the process.
Probably will happen unless a charismatic leader emerges that can break the bonds of the 2-party system... :crap:

(That could put the result margin back to a wider gap than the process margin...)

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Baketech said:
Probably will happen unless a charismatic leader emerges that can break the bonds of the 2-party system... :crap:

(That could put the result margin back to a wider gap than the process margin...)
And then we can all get marks on our foreheads and hands. Can't wait.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think the litigation is necessary.

Get rid of the electoral college and I think you'd see things go differently, including margin of victory.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
rocket said:
And then we can all get marks on our foreheads and hands. Can't wait.
:banghead:

Ummm, I wasn't referring to the emergence of an Orwellian figure....but rather a viable 3rd party candidate....perhaps Libertarian... ;)

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The libertarians currently are too "pure" meaning they don't violate their ideals. It's too bad really. I think lots of people are interested in a candidate that is:

Pro-choice
pro-environment
for fiscal responsibility
for small government (and the theoretical lower taxes that go with it)
pro-Second Amendment
not a religious whacko....

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Baketech said:
:banghead:

Ummm, I wasn't referring to the emergence of an Orwellian figure....but rather a viable 3rd party candidate....perhaps Libertarian... ;)
Ummm, (does this connote an offensive air of self-satisfied superiority in matters of intellect? :idunno: )

As much as I'd be in favor of it... a Viable third party candidate is an oxymoron nowadays.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
luvtolean said:
The libertarians currently are too "pure" meaning they don't violate their ideals. It's too bad really. I think lots of people are interested in a candidate that is:

Pro-choice
pro-environment
pro-Second Amendment
If you're flex on the 2nd ...Rudy Giuliani or Arnold would fit the bill.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I am VERY unflexible on the second amendment.

Aside from the fact Arnold is not native born, he has not been impressing me much lately.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
luvtolean said:

Pro-choice
pro-environment
pro-Second Amendment
#1 for me is I vote Pro-life (being a religious wacko and all :D )
#2 is the 2nd Amendment.
If they are in line with these two they usually follow suit with small government, fiscal responsibility, and other conservative positions.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I understand...you're not for freedom of religion.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Also, I disagree with your last statement.

Bush is certainly "pro-life", is fairly good on the second amendment, but pretty much fails everything else miserably.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
luvtolean said:
I understand...you're not for freedom of religion.
I never said that ... I just have strongly held religious beliefs that point me towards a candidate that holds the same values as me.

Stop putting words in my mouth.

·
Registered
887 Posts
me, personally, I am

1) Pro-Life
2) Pro-environment
3) For fiscal responsibility
4) Smaller government
5) Pro-2nd to a certain degree
6) not a religious whacko(although I do believe we should have prayer in schools along with the a requirement for the Pledge of Allegiance...hell, we said it everyday when I was coming thru elementary and middle school)...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts