Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having the same problems as some of the other guys on this forum with the charging issue, but the only difference with mine is i can run the bike all day long from a full charge and as soon as the bike is shut off it will not restart, now if i jump the bike it will run as long as i dont turn it off again it wont die off within a couple miles like the rest of these guys bikes do..

I have already replaced the R/R, but not the stator or battery, which one would be more likely of a choice to replace first? :idunno:

Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
The battery has a bad cell and is dropping too low to start the bike. I had the same thing with my R6.

Does the battery buzz when you hit the starter switch?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Im having the same problems as some of the other guys on this forum with the charging issue, but the only difference with mine is i can run the bike all day long from a full charge and as soon as the bike is shut off it will not restart, now if i jump the bike it will run as long as i dont turn it off again it wont die off within a couple miles like the rest of these guys bikes do..

I have already replaced the R/R, but not the stator or battery, which one would be more likely of a choice to replace first? :idunno:

Thanks in advance for any help!
Check the voltage across the battery at idle and see if it's charging.
When you say it won't "restart" what does it do exactly? If it doesn't have enough power to turn the starter motor then check that the starter motor is getting 12V power.
When you say it runs "all day" after a "full charge", how many miles is a full day and do you mean that you are manually charging the battery before riding to get a "full charge"?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes corect i am manually charging the battery every time i stop ridding cause by the end of the day it will no longer start... but as soon as the charge drops off the battery is too weak to start the bike again until i charge the battery.. but it will run as long as i dont shut the bike off..

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
yes corect i am manually charging the battery every time i stop ridding cause by the end of the day it will no longer start... but as soon as the charge drops off the battery is too weak to start the bike again until i charge the battery.. but it will run as long as i dont shut the bike off..
Then clearly the charging system isn't working.
Check the voltage as your stator is probably dead or close to death.
The bike will keep running until voltage drops under about 11V.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help man, i was almost positive thats what it was but just wanted to make sure before i drop 200 on a new one..

thanks

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Thanks for the help man, i was almost positive thats what it was but just wanted to make sure before i drop 200 on a new one..

thanks
Until you actually test it though you're still only _almost_ positive. I would run some basic diagnostics before throwing more money at it.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Was thinking the battery, but without testing the charging system as they have said you wouldn't know.

Let us know of your findings.

Good Luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts