Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll try to keep it short. I need help with my smoke detectors in my house. I have a ridge vent that runs down the center of my roof and after a hard rain with the wind blowing just right some water has collected and dripped down in my attic. I have a smoke detector directly down the center line of the apex of my roof and the water dripped into the detector. "Supposedly" I say that because there was water in the smoke detector when I opened it. I have since gone up in the attic and there is 2 feet of insulation and no sign of water dripping through:idunno: I'll figure that out later. Now I need help with getting my detector to stop beeping.

All of my smoke detectors are hard wired with battery back up. If I take the battery out of the beeping one it still beeps (hard wired) if I disconnect the beeping one the other go off because they are all connected.

Is it possible that the water somehow shorted something out? I don't know what to do but this high pitched beep every 45 seconds is driving me crazy.

·
Registered
117 Posts
You should be able to disconnect the troublesome detector without the others going off. Depending on the model, the detector should have a wiring harness you can snap off of the detector and leave all the house wires still connected. This should not set the remaining ones off. Even without the battery it could continue to beep a couple times, but it will stop eventually.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts