Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey , My CBR 929 that ran great all the sudden no peak voltage, just the 12.5 initial voltage that drops 3 volts when cranking, I checked the ignition switch, bank angle, neutral switch, kill switch, swapped ECMs , Grounds, Side stand I just checked for open circuit. Do those igntion pulse deals go out ? or would it be something else ?  Sounds like somthing in the kill system though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mattxp800 : Hey , My CBR 929 that ran great all the sudden no peak voltage, just the 12.5 initial voltage that drops 3 volts when cranking, I checked the ignition switch, bank angle, neutral switch, kill switch, swapped ECMs , Grounds, Side stand I just checked for open circuit. Do those igntion pulse deals go out ? or would it be something else ?  Sounds like somthing in the kill system though.
Did you find the problem?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I did not find the problem yet , I swapped ECM, and Igntion pulse generator, Could it be the side stand switch on the kick stand? Maybe all the plugs went out at once , I will try that . doubt it though,  fuel pump comes on so it can't be in the kill system.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mattxp800 :
What exactly happens when you hit the starter?
It cranks?
Also, you mentioned that your battery has 12.5 volts under no load and loses 3 volts under crank? Is that correct?
Have you tried another battery?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea, I tried another battery, the moter cranks and there is power on everything but no peak voltage on those plug wires. just the 13 volts on the plug wires that drops 2 volts while cranking.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mattxp800 : yea, I tried another battery, the moter cranks and there is power on everything but no peak voltage on those plug wires. just the 13 volts on the plug wires that drops 2 volts while cranking.
Are you getting MIL error code ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No blinks on the Error thing. I was wondering if it would be the side kick stand switch , don't know how to test it except for a open circuit. Maybe all my plugs went out , I am going to run and get some of those. I did swap an ECU so I eliminated that. I didn't do anything to the motor it just lost spark .

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mattxp800 : No blinks on the Error thing.  I was wondering if it would be the side kick stand switch , don't know how to test it except for a open circuit.  Maybe all my plugs went out , I am going to run and get some of those. I did swap an ECU so I eliminated that. I didn't do anything to the motor it just lost spark .
Normally, the side stand switch will not allow engine to crank.
If yours is cranking, that's probably not it.
Are you sure it's spark?
Have you checked if your getting gas at the plugs?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea , I have gas in the cylinders, I have to wait till monday to get plugs, maybe it is the plugs, I don't know how all of them could go out. but I will try that.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
cant you just pull a plug and wire out crank the engine and watch the gap and see if a spark jumps?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mattxp800 : yea, I did that , no spark on all plugs. just the intial voltage at the coil.
Which coil are you referring to ?
The 929 has a direct ignition coil on each plug.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mattxp800 : Hey , My CBR 929 that ran great all the sudden no peak voltage
Something's doesn't sound clear.
Your CBR 929 ran great or your 4 wheel project?

If this is your CBR929, why were you asking if the keys were coded so that you can't hot wire it ?

http://www.fireblades.org/cgi-bin....ttxp800

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes, the motor ran great in that chassis , all the sudden no spark , I might end up bringing it in to see where the problem is at, I did get the real ignition key,(it ran when I installed that)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I meant the voltage before cranking it at the coils. drops 2 volts while cranking, There is no 100V min there .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts