Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help me identify what this connector is on my friends wiring harness. As you can clearly see it has been burnt and we are wanting to replace it but we have no clue what it is:idunno:. This is off of a 2003 CBR 954RR this connector is located directly under the seat and close to the 2 biggest connectors on the wiring harness. Thank You for the help.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Can someone help me identify what this connector is on my friends wiring harness. As you can clearly see it has been burnt and we are wanting to replace it but we have no clue what it is:idunno:. This is off of a 2003 CBR 954RR this connector is located directly under the seat and close to the 2 biggest connectors on the wiring harness. Thank You for the help.

It's not a connector, it's just a junction block where all the earth wires come together. Common problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You Sir! Do you know if they sell the junction box by itself or do you have to buy the harness.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Thank You Sir! Do you know if they sell the junction box by itself or do you have to buy the harness.

You don't need it, just solder everything together and tape it back up.

·
Registered
791 Posts
You don't need it, just solder everything together and tape it back up.
I had the similar issue on a 955i, this advise will see you right. I took a thick piece of wire with a good ring terminal crimp+soldered on the end, and soldered each loose wire to that, and heatshrink over the lot. On the Triumph the issue as I saw it was the block led out to a wire that wasn't big enough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts