Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stator was crap a few months ago, did all the tests (and burnt this forum to a crisp finding out info). Replaced the stator with an Electro Sport stator...all was well, tested AC voltage out of the three wires...good to go, no charging issues for about 600 miles. THis morning bike would start....oh boy here we go! JUmp started and the bike ran fine, therefore I figured the stator was fine if the bike could run uner its own power, maybe the battery was dead (been hot here, so alot of fan running). Had a nice ride home...made sure to keep RPMS high and to not get bike hot so no fan...hopefully charging the battery.... NOPE not even a 10 mile ride home...didnt charge it a bit. Got home to check the DC voltage on the battery terminals...11.3 (while running) NOT GOOD. got the bike started and checked the three wires coming out of the stator for AC voltage....roughly 7.0-11. They all have readings but if I remember correctly this is waaay waaay to low. So.... with such low AC voltage is this enough to keep the bike running but not enough to charge the system...I found it weird that the bike will run under its own power (last time the stator went it wouldnt run at all). Beginning to think its the "new" stator once again, Ive heard they are crap but thought maybe Id get a "good" one.....any advise or recommendations?

·
Registered
335 Posts
well i been running electrosports since I burned my oem stator
its not the "crappy" stator as you say. the stator is running fine but u got to
understand that there is three parts to a charging system: battery, rectifier and stator.
does not matter if you have a new stator no matter what brand, if you have a faulty
rectifier or battery, either one of this two will **** the **** out of the stator. so instead
of putting the blame on ur stator, start by checking what makes the stator
to burn out. most likely a bad rectifier.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts