Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at buying a new shock. Anyone use a Elka? How do you like it?

I can order it set up for my wieght and type of riding.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just got a elka for my 1000rr and I like it very much. I used ohlins on my previews bikes and I feel the elka is just as good.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered mine today. 3 way with race valving set up for my weight. Can't wait to get it on the track in 3 weeks

·
Registered
39 Posts
I got my 3 way elka for 825.00 shipped to me. I like it that you don't need tools to adjust the compression and rebound settings. Only thing its a bitch to adjust the preload. Thats the only part I miss about the ohlins.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"m getting mine for 850. I'm looking forward to getting it on and set. Set how the bike feels next race. I'm doing a full race tech front end as well.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
They've been in the dirt world for some time, but are just getting into the road racing scene.
I'm quite amazed their stuff is so expensive for an entry into the market. You get the same tool-less adjustment, set up for your weight, bike and riding style, but so much more peace of mind for only ~$100 difference by going with a proven winner in the road racing world.

·
Registered
925 Posts
BDA116 said:
They've been in the dirt world for some time, but are just getting into the road racing scene.
I'm quite amazed their stuff is so expensive for an entry into the market. You get the same tool-less adjustment, set up for your weight, bike and riding style, but so much more peace of mind for only ~$100 difference by going with a proven winner in the road racing world.
---Yep not to mention there has been a considerable amount of revalving done to make the Ohlins shock work correctly--msot of the racers experience with Elka has been junk

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Trackho said:
---Yep not to mention there has been a considerable amount of revalving done to make the Ohlins shock work correctly--msot of the racers experience with Elka has been junk
Thats funny, a AMA suspension tuner told me the Ohlins always need to be revalved. The Elka Valved to order. Since its 300 less if I need to revalve the Elka, I'm still saving money. This same suspension tuner is going to be availible at Willow springs for suspension set up and adjustment. I'll see what happens.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have been trying to decide between Ohlins, Elka or Penske.
What pissed me off with the Elka is that I can get one in the California shipped to me in Toronto for $825.

Elka wants $1125 Canadian with extra for shipping.
The exchange rate is around 1.3. So same price in Canada more or less...except they are right next door. The shop in California has to make some money on it and ship it twice. I offered them $1000 Canadian and these said list.

So fuck them I'll go Ohlins....

Clearly, they are selling it under a $1000 Canadian to the shop in the
California, it's not that I am cheap, it just pisses me off that the price varies depending on who you are?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts