Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I am new to your forum as I am an ADV Rider but my son who rides a streetfighter CBR954RR had a bad crash on the Gateway Highway on 11/11 here in Brisbane, Australia. His bike had only minor damage but my son has ended up a paraplegic. I hope you guys understand my position that I need to fix up his bike and sell it to get him the money to help fund his new lifestyle. So I will be chasing a few spares and finally selling his bike. I certainly don't wish to bring a downer on you guys as I still ride and have had many accidents myself.
If your numbers up your number is up whether you ar riding a bike, riding or horse or any of the other things that can give you a spinal injury. James was a much better rider than me it was just unlucky. Anyway hope you guys will welcome me and let me sort his bike as soon as possible.
Andy

·
Registered
20,980 Posts
:welcome:to the site and my symapathy and thoughts go to your son and hope he can adjust to his new life :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts
Geez el, firstly G'day & :welcome: mate.
So sorry to hear about your son James and I hope he gets on with his life as best he can.:thumb:
What bits are you looking for mate.:idunno:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your thoughts mate:
I have already replaced the forks / triple clamps and tail fairing but just need a standard rear light, front and rear chain guards and a vapor or acewell speedo to finish the job so I can get it through a roadworthy.
He had it set up as a streetfighter but then would put full fairings on with clip ons for track days.
Andy

·
Registered
900 Posts
:welcome: and Hi !! you have come to the right place, i am sure everyone here wil do what they can to make things as easy as poss to get things done. If your son has the same attitude to life as you he will deal with this new challenge, and find a new lease of life. The real best for the future to you all..

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
welcome elponkin.....hope you sell that puppy fast and get the money you need!!! you are in the right place!!!

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts
I have already replaced the forks / triple clamps and tail fairing but just need a standard rear light, front and rear chain guards and a vapor or acewell speedo to finish the job so I can get it through a roadworthy.
He had it set up as a streetfighter but then would put full fairings on with clip ons for track days.
Andy
Ive got a tailight if you want it, Give me a buzz and I'll get your address and post it up. It should still work, its off my first 954 that I pranged. When they removed it they just cut the wires as it was hanging out, but they'll join up OK if you want it.
#0427292584. Macca.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
:welcome: Andy, so sorry to read about your son James, I wish him all the best and do hope that he adapts successfully to his new lifestyle.

Good luck fixing up the bike, I'm sure the members here will be able to help with any queries you have.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ive got a tailight if you want it, Give me a buzz and I'll get your address and post it up. It should still work, its off my first 954 that I pranged. When they removed it they just cut the wires as it was hanging out, but they'll join up OK if you want it.
#0427292584. Macca.
Many thanks for the tail light Macca from James and myself, Santa Claus has come early this year you are a true gent.
The picture above the bed is James racing at Morgan Park Raceway with the bike in racetrim.

IMG00018-20091127-1815.jpg

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts
Many thanks for the tail light Macca from James and myself, Santa Claus has come early this year you are a true gent.
The picture above the bed is James racing at Morgan Park Raceway with the bike in racetrim.

View attachment 40085
You're most welcome James and Andy. I've got it all packaged and ready to go, will post on Monday if time permits. :thumb: Send me a text when it arrives if you would'nt mind, just so I know it got there.;)
Keep that smile going James and you'll be OK mate.:D All the best and a very Merry Christmas to you all. :smilebig:

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts
Andy
G'day Andy, tailight posted last thing thisarv mate, ( Monday) so it should be there by the weekend all going well.:thumb: ;)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
:welcome:hey, look into getting him a Can-Am Spyder, like a car but he can still ride a bike and feel the inline DOHC buzz below him. can't have no in your heart man.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think he is thinking more along the lines of a Raptor quad but we will see how he goes. He is after a red wheel chair so I think he still has Honda blood in his veins.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Great to see he is planning ahead already, there are a number of choices over here, right down to a B.M.W. trike you can just push the wheel chair into and ride off, no help needed, and really look way cool too...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
G'day Andy, tailight posted last thing thisarv mate, ( Monday) so it should be there by the weekend all going well.:thumb: ;)
Arrived today thanks mate should be good.
Got the pillion seat cowl, chain guards and vapor speedo off ebay so just gotta put it together now so lookin good, thanks for your help Macca.

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts
Arrived today thanks mate should be good.
Got the pillion seat cowl, chain guards and vapor speedo off ebay so just gotta put it together now so lookin good, thanks for your help Macca.
Any time Andy.:thumb: And give James all the best from me won't you.:D
Slip some piccys in here when she's finished if you get time mate.;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts