Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On 04/29/05 I ordered a Harris CF Hugger from www.ema-usa.com. (No sponsors carried Harris stuff when I checked. :( ) They gave me the price, said it wouldn't be in until the following Tuesday (last Tuesday), and they would ship it out then, 2nd day air.

When it didn't arrive Thursday I called to check on it, and they said that they had made a mistake and sent it out UPS Ground and that it should be here on 05/11/05. (They also credited me and gave me free shipping, which is the only good thing I can say about them.)

It arrived today, I open it up, and it's a frickin' Carbo-Tech hugger. I call and tell them they sent the wrong one, and he proceeds to tell me that he remembers telling me that they couldn't get the Harris, and that I said the Carbo-Tech was fine. :bs: (I can get a POS Carbo-Tech hugger anywhere. I went to them because I specifically wanted Harris.) After some back and forth, he tells me to send it back and he'll credit me for it. (Rudely, I might add.)

:thumbd: :thumbd: for EMA-USA in my book.

Signed,
Huggerless.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Harris stuff rules... :p

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
I have a buddy who has spent well over $18,000.00 at EMA in the last few years, modding the crap out of his bikes. He seems to complain about their intergallactic waiting period a lot, but he keeps giving them his business. The Harris parts that I have seen on his bikes are sweet for sure, and can see why you are upset.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
I usually get a relative to ship my Harris stuff from the UK... :p
Even so, it gets expensive with shipping, low dollar etc... :crying:

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The original charge was $196. They credited $17 for the shipping, leaving $179. There's a new credit of $143.20. They still owe me $35.80. Now I have to call them again and see what the deal is. I hope they aren't trying to charge me a re-stocking fee for an item I didn't order.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
you have the WORST luck with huggers

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got a response from Greg saying that he would take care of it. He also mentioned that as far as he knew, Harris never has made a hugger for the 1100XX.

Yet, on this page:
http://www.ema-usa.com/misc/misc_harris_cf_hugger.shtml

They have this listed, along with a picture:
Super Blackbird XX ALL FRH-HO1000-02-C $229.95

(And Harris also lists it on their main site, so I know it exists.)

:idunno:

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
FWIW I did have great luck with them on my Ohlins Damper, and Harris Mount for the RC51. Sorry to hear your getting the pointed stick on your hugger Conq.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts