Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I went to get my F3 inspected at a shop that is close to my house. The shop has a fine gravel driveway and sits on a hill. Well I got in and got my bike inspected (passed with flying colors :)) but the when I went to leave it all went wrong. I backed up to turn around to go back out to the road when my foot slipped out from under me and leaned the right side over. I caught it but couldn't right it as my foot was at an awkward angle and I was pushing up hill. I hit the horn to get the mechanic to help me right it but he didn't come out. So I held the bike there for a few minutes and my foot slid again dropping me and the bike to the ground just as the mechanic finally came out. She hit pretty soft and only slightly scuffed my right fairings and broke the inner fairing which I already ordered :smilebig:. I was more embarrassed then anything and still kind of am as this is only my second bike.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
So today I went to get my F3 inspected at a shop that is close to my house. The shop has a fine gravel driveway and sits on a hill. Well I got in and got my bike inspected (passed with flying colors :)) but the when I went to leave it all went wrong. I backed up to turn around to go back out to the road when my foot slipped out from under me and leaned the right side over. I caught it but couldn't right it as my foot was at an awkward angle and I was pushing up hill. I hit the horn to get the mechanic to help me right it but he didn't come out. So I held the bike there for a few minutes and my foot slid again dropping me and the bike to the ground just as the mechanic finally came out. She hit pretty soft and only slightly scuffed my right fairings and broke the inner fairing which I already ordered :smilebig:. I was more embarrassed then anything and still kind of am as this is only my second bike.

Nothing to be embarrassed about :)
An uphill gravel drive for a bike shop must bring in a fair bit of extra work for them.

Reactions: jondog9

·
Registered
505 Posts
Well since everyone else is saying "Don't be embarrased, blah blah"

I'm going to say:

HAHAHAHAHAHAH :clap:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi,

Well went to show my parents my new bike. I pulled up on the undulated road and leant her down on the right. I had all my gear on so nobody knew who I was. The neighbour helped me up. I should have just taken off but opened the visor and said hi Mum and Dad its me your son.

Embarrassed you bet ya

Drybo

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hi,

Well went to show my parents my new bike. I pulled up on the undulated road and leant her down on the right. I had all my gear on so nobody knew who I was. The neighbour helped me up. I should have just taken off but opened the visor and said hi Mum and Dad its me your son.

Embarrassed you bet ya

Drybo

Not half as embarrassed as your parents I bet ;-)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have nightmares of this...never dream about a big wreck but just simply being in a weird position where I can't hold it up and the bike goes down! Its horrible! Lol

·
Registered
21,175 Posts
Oh we have all done it, another great reason for a full faced helmet hides it well :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
One of my 1st street bikes when I was real young...well this is what went down. It was a beautiful spring day and I went out for a ride. When I came home my mom was watering some plants...ah she also got some of the grass wet. I pulled in like I was the ****...grabbed the front brake and bam! Front tire washed out and I had some new grass stains! Not a good thing to dob in front of the person who thinks bikes aren't safe! But I took it as a learning lesson! Watch out for wet grasss and don't show off!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts