Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dont know if some of you guys go through the whole process of removing the rear shock to take off and remove the reserve/overflow coolant tank.

alright i dont know if this has been discussed before or somebody might have a better way, but tonight just didnt feel like taking anything more than i had to to get the job done (feeling lazy). i know i know. but i didnt half A** it.

drained the coolant system as normal. paid $2.50 for a gasoline/kerosene hand pumped siphon...attached the overflow tube and taped it with duct tape to seal them together. stuck the overflow tube into the tank and began to pump out all the fluid in the tank. when it was empty just flushed it with water for a few minutes and siphoned out the water. and then filled/bled coolant system. done no problems.

any easier way ???

alrighty thanks for listening guys, Steve

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
That's what I would do more or less. I paid $1.97 for a siphon bulb thingy from Wal-Mart and drained 4 gallons of fuel with it with no problems. I think it would drain the coolant reservoir in about 25 seconds.

Instructions for mine would be

1. remove coolant reservoir cap.
2. insert inflow end of siphon to coolant reservoir, outflow end of tubing to drain container.
3. squeeze bulb to start flow.
4. count to 30 while watching it suck dry.
5. refill reservoir or flush or whatever you were planning to do.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thank you Ranger. I kicked myself after reading your simple solution that I should have thought of on my own. I sure as hell didn't want to remove the shock absorber.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts