Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Are these the same for both models are are they different. A friend has a spare set from a 929 and I want to see whether they are worth having for my 954 as spares.

TIA

sam

·
Registered
929 Posts
jafo said:
The side covers are different,so the cases must be too. :idunno:
The covers are identical, P/Ns as well. Concerning the crankcases - as you know, the 954 is a bored-out 929, so therein lies the difference. As far as mounting - no problem, it bolts up just fine.

·
Registered
929 Posts
samsblade said:
If they are interchangeable I may as well get the 929 spare set

sam
Uhh...*hope you are pulling my chain*, as I stated - unless you are willing to bore the 929 casing out, the 929 case WILL NOT work on the 954. Of course there are other small differences with the internals of the case as well, but the boring is the largest issue.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Kookie said:
The covers are identical, P/Ns as well. Concerning the crankcases - as you know, the 954 is a bored-out 929, so therein lies the difference. As far as mounting - no problem, it bolts up just fine.
I was going to buy a 954 alternator cover for my 929,and they have different part #'s.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Part numbers for a power comander on the 929 are different than the 954 too, but they still work on eachother.
Not sure on the right answer though. They look the same to me.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just to clarify the engine case (i.e rhs when sitting on the bike will NOT fit from the 929 to the 954)

and the generator cover will fit?

sam

·
Registered
422 Posts
jafo said:
The side covers are different,so the cases must be too. :idunno:
The only thing that is diffrent in the Magnito cover is the Bolt pattern for the generator... Either then that both have the same fit..

·
Registered
929 Posts
One final note - I have a 929 (with 954 swingarm) and 954. Both have been disassembled and reassembled (modifications/maintenace) by me. There are quite a few slight part # differences between the 929 and 954, e.g -000, to -350. However, the only difference may be the packaging, paint color (covers are a different shade of grey), and usually just an increase in price for a newly produced part. Use this information as you choose, as it is my :twocents: attempt at helping a fellow rider. :cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts