Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for an engine degreaser/cleaner that works without being harmful to engine gaskets, seals, paint or rubber. Are there any products out there like this?

·
Registered
154 Posts
this wont help to degrease but after i washed my bike i always wipe baby vaseline on the front part of my bike it helps to spray of the bugs when i wash it again.REMEMBER only one wipe.NO MESS NO FUSS

·
Registered
7 Posts
simple green is the best thing ever invented. i wash engines, upholstery( out of the car of course) my shoes, every thing with it! it rules and is great for it all

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Greased Lightning (purple bottle) is suppose to be awesome for just about everything as far as the bottle says.

·
Banned
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Read the label on those "purple" cleaners. a lot of them will eat paint and rubber. I have some here but won't use it on my bike :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Read the label on those "purple" cleaners. a lot of them will eat paint and rubber. I have some here but won't use it on my bike :)
And can strip the anodizing from aluminum. As long as you're careful where you apply it it does work well.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Some of those cleaners listed will clean the coating off the water pump and turn it powder white. While the bike looks really clean with minimal effort, the discolored parts look interesting. Most of those will do the same to the threads on bolts, making them difficult to remove later. And if any of the cleaning solution gets inside axle shafts, future tire and bearing changes get more interesting.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
I have a range of "Gunk" products for my car blocks etc. Anyone used them before on motorbikes?

Love using the pressure washer on the cars, but the rads on the bikes get bend so easily you have to be careful!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts