Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I appologise if I start to be annoying by asking a lot of questions, but I really have qite a few to ask about my bike, and there is no one around to answer.
So the question is - my bike changed the way the engine sounds, this might sound confusing but the sound the gine was making has shifted to higher RPM, so for example the sound it was previously making on 3-4RPM now is at 5-5.5RPM, I have changed the fuel that i use like a month ago, so this sound didn't appear instanty, however it says that Premium-98 is good for cleaning your engine. My mate says that the sound is likely to be due to fact that airfilter starting to get blocked due to the cleansing of the engine, but yet again he is a car-driver, the chance he is right about motorcycle is not high. :hmm:
That's why I am asking You proffesional and experienced motorcyclists.
Please Help.
Thank You in advance

·
Premium Member
11,900 Posts
:hmm: Tis early in the morning here but thought of these while sitting here still half asleep.. Choke stuck on a bit? Idle turned up a bit?

Can't think of anything else at the moment..

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeh sorry about the early message :( its evening here in australia, so was like mid-day when i posted.
umm nah dont use choke, too warm around here, engine starts normally.
idle - never changed it, its the same :(
oh well, i guess i will take it to the mechanic after work.
Thanks anyways :thumb:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not really enough information to help much usefully. What kind of sound? knock, ping, rattle, is there vibration associated? can you feel it as well as hear it, or hear it only? high frequency, low frequency, stopped only, rolling only, both?

About your cage driver friend though, an engine is an engine, they all pump air, squirt gas, and spark. If he knows what he's talking about with troubleshooting car engines you're well to heed him about your bike engine.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not really enough information to help much usefully. What kind of sound? knock, ping, rattle, is there vibration associated? can you feel it as well as hear it, or hear it only? high frequency, low frequency, stopped only, rolling only, both?

About your cage driver friend though, an engine is an engine, they all pump air, squirt gas, and spark. If he knows what he's talking about with troubleshooting car engines you're well to heed him about your bike engine.
OK the sound is more like it might stall , i mean i am going in 4th gear at 5rpm on the straight flat road, it usually doesn't sound much. But its also like much heavier than the sound of you about to stall. If you know what I mean, because I can't explain it otherwise.:crap:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But thats the thing, I cant :( I have to be going straight 70km/h in 4-5th gear at around 5rpm, and yeh i dont think i am good enough to manage to take videos while riding :D (well I am not that bad, don't get me wrong, I can ride with one hand)
I will give it to the mechanic tomorrow and let him test-drive it.

Other question my bike is only 250cc, is it worth to get fairings, I had one user who said I should, but I want to know what other people say as well.

There is a picture of it attached. It is sort of a small bike compared to most of the bikes people ride on this website. I want my bike to look even better, but I can't buy a new bike for another 3 years. So I only can improve this one. Is it worth getting fairings and maybe change the exhaust pipe? :idunno:
Thank you :)

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.