Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I'm new to the page and would like some information on something I noticed...I've recently purchased a 2011 Fireblade, non ABS, and I was riding the other day and decided to rev into the limit to hear what the exhaust sounds like, and I noticed that the engine light comes on every time I did it... Is this normal or is something wrong? My 600rr did not do it so this has raised some concern for me. Any advice or guidance is appreciated, thanks

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Are you sure it's an engine fault light?

I did have a 2011 and recall there's a light marked 'REV' next to the oil light. It is a 'rev limiter' light set by the factory to illuminate at max revs. It presents no problem for you.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's definitely the engine light... The only time I see it is when I turn the ignition on, the fuel pump runs, and it's off again, but this time around it appears when I hit the rev limit so I'm not sure what to make of it...

·
Registered
27 Posts
It can sometimes alert you of something in the bike that is not properly plugged in. You can take a few hours to figure out by checking all plugs one by one, maybe you can find where the problem lies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts