Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you really need to have your bikes engine remapped after putting on a slip on pipe? This is really bugging me now because I have a 2000 929 with a 2bros slip on and I want to make sure I am getting the most out of my bike. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you want the most out of you ride then majority will tell you to get a full system and then get a custom map. I don't think you will see much a power difference with it mapped on a slip on but you might be able to smooth it out and get better throttle response if that is an issue. So it all depends on what you want to do. I say do it cause it won't hurt anything unless someone sets you up with a crappy map.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am happy with the power I get from the bike and if mapping is not going to make a noticable difference then I will not waste my money.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
With a slip on, the PC isn't even really necessary. A generic map will smooth out the throttle response, I wouldn't spend the money for a custom with only a slip on.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was told that a long time ago when I bought the pipe from the dealer but I just wanted to ask all of you what you thought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts