Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought the OES Accessories 919 front engine mount sliders, my question is what is the factory ft/lb torque spec. for these bolts? And do these sliders damage / break the mount tabs on the motor just by just being mounted to the motor mounts or does this happen if the bike would be dropped? I discovered this site today and read about the engine mount slider issue from older posts after I purchase mine....I'm confused:idunno:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was also concerned with that issue after seeing some photos. I got some threaded rod and mounted my Sato sliders using that through hole on the frame under the rad. As I remember there are plastic covers on the holes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi. I wanted to make sure I understood: did you mount the Sato sliders on the frame, simply by using a different rod? Did it fit ok? Thanks.

I was also concerned with that issue after seeing some photos. I got some threaded rod and mounted my Sato sliders using that through hole on the frame under the rad. As I remember there are plastic covers on the holes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Seems to work fine but I've not tested it. I can't remember what size rod I used. Take off the round plastic covers on the frame and measure. The holes go all the way through so you can mount the sliders on each end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.