Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
I have a 95 fireblade with about 67,000k's on it. it has a pinging noise in it when i bring the throttle on underload up till about 4000rpm's approx. I want to check valve clearance and dont have the specs can anyone help me please.

thanks
Tassie_blade

·
Registered
469 Posts
tassie_blade said:
Hi all,
I have a 95 fireblade with about 67,000k's on it. it has a pinging noise in it when i bring the throttle on underload up till about 4000rpm's approx. I want to check valve clearance and dont have the specs can anyone help me please.

thanks
Tassie_blade
I just did a quick google check and behold!!! I found them in about 2 seconds. Check here if you want to have a look at the valve clearances

As far as the engine noise goes, it's probably just pinging from too much WOT at low revs. I suggest trying to buy better fuel, as well as making sure it's properly in tune. Make sure your spark plugs are new etc as well, this will also effect pinging etc.

·
Registered
469 Posts
tassie_blade said:
Hi all,

thanks
Tassie_blade
It'd also be an idea to buy one of these ....
Haynes Manual

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
:welcome: to the org

All the above is true, plus also what fuel are you running it on?
try premium unleaded normally fixes most pinging issues

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to everyone for their reply.
I have orderd a Hayes manual but it still hasn't arrived. I am running premium unleaded fuel and it didn't seem to make any difference. i have tried normal unleaded with octane boost and that never made much difference either. i am going to check the timing now that i have found out what mark it should be on. And sync the carbies. when my manual arrives i will also do the valves as i belive that there are a few steps involved ie. locking timing chain tensioiner. I will also be rremoving tensioner to see if it appears to move freely or if it as binding at all.

P.S Allready removed forign animals from tank they where just making to much noise.... :)

thanks for the input.
tassie_blade

1 - 7 of 7 Posts