Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help !
Somewhere I was reaching between 8-10k in 3rd gear the engine suddenly somewhat "died" or it was like cutting off and jerking once. Immediately I pulled over to check it, didn't turn the throttle and eventually the engine slowly turned itself off but hitting below the idle rpm 1st. When this happened the MIL red light and fuel warning indicator turned on for a moment and then it was gone.

This happened twice at the same rpm but the engine didn't cut-off because when it immediately happened, I pulled the clutch to neutral and revved the engine while running, then it came back to normal instantly like nothing had happened. BTW, the MIL and and fuel warning light lit again but went off instantly also.

Everything is actually fine and I've reached this RPM so many times before with no problems. Repair history is only some electrical wiring on the foot brakes, had a problem with the ignition starter wires and the horn.

I really appreciate your help firebladers. thanks

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Sounds like a servo motor, flapper valve, or other wiring issue. I would grab the manual and run the tests on these parts first as it sounds like it is losing air. Could also be the fuel pump going out.... Does it do it in any other gear, or is it limited to 3rd?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the reply RR. Actually the servo and flapper is fine. The previous owner told me that it happened to him before and he told me that it was on the run switch button. He actually literally put a screw on the switch to lock it out but I had it removed but there was no problem back then until now.

Could he be possibly right? My mechanic says yes because sometimes I have problems on my switch button

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
The only way I could see that is if the switch was a little loose, the vibration may trigger it just a little briefly. I think most of the time this should be enough to fully cut if off, but maybe it is just interrupting fuel flow for a moment, and not enough to fully shut it down.. Try putting the screw back in, if it works, find a new switch! This could get dangerous if you are riding down the road and your bike just cuts out in a steep corner....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok we will check it. Thanks RRDemon.

If any of you bladers experienced the same problem please share it. thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Solved the problem. I changed the wires in the ignition switch button. When i opened it the wires were too small for that kind of power.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts