Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might have to pull the engine on my 954 to fix a trans issue and was thinking about doing a big bore kit an, decking the head,new rods, pistons maybe nitrous does anyone know where I can get these parts and how much they would cost thanx

·
Registered
95 Posts
What was the trans issue?

Any bike shop or dealer can order the parts for you. The parts aren't that expensive. It is the labor and time that makes that kind of job expensive. I figure $500 tops for the parts.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
500? Wow, you must have some great connections!

I've done all of this to my 929 and it was a bit more. Luckily I found some cheap used parts that worked. Below I have listed parts with prices I paid, some were bought a few years ago, others used.

- Bore, plate (Nikasil), hone - $400
- Custom JE Pistons - 2mm overbore from 929 to 980cc 13:1 Compression (no one makes off the shelf) $450 (I think the price has increased to $550 now)
-Rods - options available- Falicon (heard bad things), Carrillo ($950), or Pankl Ti (got mine used for $300, they retail for $1600 each):D
-Head work - Port, polish valve job $800 (4&6 Racing Skokie IL) did a nice job, especially for the price. I'm selling mine that I had done through them because I bought a different head with Ti valves. The one I had 4&6 do also has oversized exhaust valves (valves alone were $33 each).

·
Vendor
2,374 Posts
rocket954 said:
I might have to pull the engine on my 954 to fix a trans issue and was thinking about doing a big bore kit an, decking the head,new rods, pistons maybe nitrous does anyone know where I can get these parts and how much they would cost thanx
Had mine port/polished, shaved, degreed; dynoe'd 153rwhp with MR1, but now i run MR9, so it should be a little higher. I had mine done when I went into the transmission also. I have a dry NOS kit on mine. Schnitzracing.com has the NOS kit if you want it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SilverBullet said:
Had mine port/polished, shaved, degreed; dynoe'd 153rwhp with MR1, but now i run MR9, so it should be a little higher. I had mine done when I went into the transmission also. I have a dry NOS kit on mine. Schnitzracing.com has the NOS kit if you want it.
What is involved in degreeing the cams. Who ported and polished your head and how much did it cost thanks

·
Vendor
2,374 Posts
rocket954 said:
What is involved in degreeing the cams. Who ported and polished your head and how much did it cost thanks
The shop I now co-own did the work.

$800 Port/Polished/Shaved and cams degreed. (motor out of bike)

$1400 If we take the motor out and re-install.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts