Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a CBR 929rr and i am looking to change out the engine. I have been told that I can put in a 954rr,but my question is can this really be done and if it can will I have to do major changes with the wiring and ECM. Will this engine mach up at all with out doing major changes to the bike as a whole? Also I am looking for a 929rr engine or a 954rr engine if I can do the change with out major problems. Does anyone out there have any knowledge on this change or have any idea were i can get a good used engine?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I have a CBR 929rr and i am looking to change out the engine. I have been told that I can put in a 954rr,but my question is can this really be done and if it can will I have to do major changes with the wiring and ECM. Will this engine mach up at all with out doing major changes to the bike as a whole? Also I am looking for a 929rr engine or a 954rr engine if I can do the change with out major problems. Does anyone out there have any knowledge on this change or have any idea were i can get a good used engine?

It's a common swap.
You can simply swap the engine and nothing else as they are the same design. The 954 is simply bored 1mm and a little lighter.
You can also swap in the 954 throttle bodies if you want to but you will need the injection harness with them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts