Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to do a "position paper" for Eng. Comp. Call it a mini thesis if you like.
Anyway, I'm having a hard time deciding on what to do it on. I'd like to do something involving photography (in some aspect...hey, I'm a photo major, afterall.) Maybe something about how photography is an important addition to our historical documentation...how it has affected the way we view world events (past, present and future) or ...I don't know.

HELP! Ideas would be appreciated. :D

Of course the other option is something dealing with motorcycling. ;)

As a side note: I'd like to stay away from any sort of political/religious paper as I'm not a big fan of either and am waaaay out of my league in both areas.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I think you are on to somethin with how photography is important, think of the events like the first moon landing, you think of the waving flag, and the raising of the flag During WWII, I think of that famous picture of all the soldiers working together to raise the american flag, not sure about you guys.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Include the fact that the military thinks photographing history important enough to have them in the service. And how this latest conflict had reporters and photogs embedded to record histroy.

·
Registered
728 Posts
How about compairing/contrasting digital camera photography with film photography and how it has evolved/is evolving? :)

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Not that I think you must do this, but the pinnacle of history and photography was Life Magazine. If you have access to a good library that has Life from the '50s, '60s, '70s, '80s you will see some of the best photojournalism/history ever.

FWIW

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Soooo, if I spice up the following thesis statement a bit: Photography has played an important role in documenting world events since it's creation....

That should work...

Thanks guys (and girls.) :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts