Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got up this morning and started the normal routine: checking email, getting started with work, catching up on "world events". About 9:00, I started feeling like I had a charlie horse in my right side abdomen towards the back. Figured I just twisted wrong or something so I continued on. By 9:30, it was bad... The worst pain I've ever felt. I can handle pain, but this was different. It got to the point where I was getting sick because of the pain. Suffered through it for another half an hour and gave up and drove myself to the hospital. They put me in a wheelchair as soon as I walked in because they thought I was going to pass out. Initial verdict: Kidney stone... They take me straight back and get an IV started and start with some pain meds. 30 minutes later it still hurt as bad as ever, plus now it felt like someone had roshambo'ed my right testicle! So they decided to switch to the good stuff... Once the morphine kicked in, the pain went away. Talk about a relaxing feeling! They ran me thru 2 bags of saline to get me to the point where I could get them a urine sample. I go to do my thing, and the first thing out is the stone! 3mm. Doesn't sound big until you start thinking about the path it took... :eek: Luckily the drugs were still in full effect so there was no pain on that end... CT scan shows another 3mm stone in the left kidney that could drop at any time. Looking forward to that one. :rolleyes: Finally got out of the hospital around 4:00. Still trying to recover. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy...

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Reading that made me go turtle.
I'm glad it was less painful for you than it could have been, and I hope the other one gets passed as painlessly. I wouldn't want to piss one of those out without drugs.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Never had one but the boys at work have had them. DAMN, sucks to be them. Kept tellin' 'em, drink the water not the coffee, tea and, sodas.

Sorry about the other one but at least this time you will know what is going on with it.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Sorry to hear about that, just drink lots of water thats the only thing I have heard to help prevent them. :eek:

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Thanks for the visual Sunbert. I could have done without that.

They say that a stone is the closest a man will ever come to the pain of childbirth.

I'll pass if possible.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
ND4SPD said:
:spank: :nono:

How 'bout you post some pics of your daughter instead? :deal:
such a leg humper...

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Man, it's amazing how much a good nights sleeo helps... They sent it off for tests or I'd post some pics! If you've ever eaten Nerds candy, imagine one of the bigger ones in a brownish-black color. That's what it looked like. The kicker is, all I've been drinking the last couple of weeks is water. No soda, the occasional glass of tea. Guess it was my past catching up with me! Everyone I have talked to that has gone through childbirth and passing a kidney stone all said they'd take childbirth any day of the week... Nurses said the same thing. :crying: I'm not sure if they have one of those ultrasonic machines or not. I would assume so. It is one of the best hospitals in Indy, so... Guess I'll talk to my doctor and see what the next step is. I'm fine with letting it pass naturally, but I want a syringe of Morphine on standby! And don't worry Sheep, I'll be at Barber one way or another! :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts