Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just signed to a Web Host & got my domain name, now I am trying to set up my site.

Holy crap there is a ton of admin controls!!!!
The place I am signed up uses Cpanel 6.

They say its for Newbies and Exper. alike, but damn, I have so many files I don't know what is what yet.

I almost feel like deleting most of the given folders and starting from scratch, I am just not sure if I will hurt anything.

I am also going to start-up a PHPforum, that seems a little more managible, at least up front. I guess when I try to customize that'll be a different story.

Is there anything that I need to secure that doesnt come that way? I already see that when I type in my address, I see my files & folders; but that is because I dont have a Webpage up yet.

Is redirecting hard to do? I am having a hardtime moving files & folders around, I am used to MSfp2002 where you just drag & drop. Cpanel 6 doesn't seem to let me do so.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Suggest you also set your printing colour to be BLACK for anyone reading the sort of blue against grey background will find it hard on their eyes.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am starting to learn what folders do what finally.
A little trail and error.

I was using php magic lantern v1.6, but soon found out that XMB is telling everyone to dump it for the new v1.8 for security sake.

After seeing that I decided to d.load phpBB like I originally intended. It seems much much easier to use for 1st timers.

I still cannot figure out how to get my pages to show up.
I uploaded a few demo's into my directories, but when I goto the address, nothing?

Actually I just found a Cpanel tutorial. Gotta run.

Do I have to 'lock' any/all folders to keep people out?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts