Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so a couple people in another thread say that the Erion 929 has some engine mods such as a partial HRC kit, anyone know if this is true or not?

Also anyone have any dyno numbers from either a stock Erion or one with just a bolt on pipe (any pipe)? I just want a general idea of how much the bike puts out, the 929 is suppose to have 128hp at the wheel stock. makes me sad that the new gixxer750 is 16 pounds lighter and estimated to have 2 more rwhp.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Baba san Erion said:
No partial HRC kit.Just a blacked out frame and wheels and plastic with special stickers.
...that originally cost a $1000 more MSRP than the standard 929's.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Baba san Erion said:
No partial HRC kit.Just a blacked out frame and wheels and plastic with special stickers.
yeah I knew the black frame and swingarm and stickers and the $1000 more but the wheels are the same. I only paid $8000 for the bike anyway and it has an Erion can and some comsmetics

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
passinocw said:
Come on guys there might be something to that... we all no Y/B 929's are faster than R/B ones :evilaugh:

who cares if the y/b is faster than the r/b or the other way around the erion still beats all, it has more stickers thereby giving it more horsepower so its the fastest

·
Registered
463 Posts
sinister988 said:
EVERYBODY knows the only fast 929 was the Red and White.
There is a reason why that 929 is all alone, and it's not cause he is way ahead of the pack. Its simply because the r/w 929's are so slow, that everyone else is WAY ahead of him. If you look close in the backround, you can see a y/b 929 pulling up on his rear about to lap him again! :evilaugh:

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jay said:
If I remember correctly, Honda had the dealerships also use a special wax on the Erion's that not only decreased drag, but kept the plastics from melting under the extreme conditions of having the increased hp. :rotfl:

I hope I don't melt the stickers, I don't want to lose any of the hp they add.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sinister988 said:
:thumb:

Why argue (R/Y vs. R/B vs. Erion)

EVERYBODY knows the only fast 929 was the Red and White.

ok maybe the red and white was in the middle of the pack but all colors of 929 are faster than any color gsxr, I mean come blue and white, thats such a slow combination of colors

·
Registered
60 Posts
CBR929RE said:
ok maybe the red and white was in the middle of the pack but all colors of 929 are faster than any color gsxr, I mean come blue and white, thats such a slow combination of colors
If it makes you feel better, my track bike is red/white/blue (rattle can) :thumb:

After 10K miles on my 2000 929 in 6 months, I'd have to disagree with you on the GSXR comment.

my 929 = great (but gone)
my GSXR = Better

·
Registered
422 Posts
Baba san Erion said:
The HRC Special Sticker Edition adds .086 rear wheel HP :thumb: and 2k to the price tag :huh:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts