Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title states I'm looking for the header only for the Erion system. Basically I own a machine shop so I will R&D the HTEV valve for the larger tubes. This by no means will be an inexpensive task as one can understand. The downtubes do not have to be cherry but straight enough to ensure a good fit on the production units as well as they cannot be deformed to the point of restricting exhaust flow by to much. Fit, form and function are all I'm interested in at present. For those that may be interested they will not be cheap, without any calculations I would be impressed if I could build a half dozen for $750 ea. Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks, Bob

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
As title states I'm looking for the header only for the Erion system. Basically I own a machine shop so I will R&D the HTEV valve for the larger tubes. This by no means will be an inexpensive task as one can understand. The downtubes do not have to be cherry but straight enough to ensure a good fit on the production units as well as they cannot be deformed to the point of restricting exhaust flow by to much. Fit, form and function are all I'm interested in at present. For those that may be interested they will not be cheap, without any calculations I would be impressed if I could build a half dozen for $750 ea. Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks, Bob

You want to put the HTEV into an aftermarket header?
Why?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Bladeracer, no. I want to machine another HTEV with the larger I.D.'s to try to regain some of the mid range I loose when I put my full system back on. Right now I have their "bolt-on" mounted and I'm still a little low on top end. Any thought?
Bob

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Frankly put, that is the point of a power commander. On any full system you are going to lose midrange power, however, combine that full system with a power commander either dyno'd or even with a downloaded map and you are going to either retain the stock midrange, or even improve upon that. You are looking at a $300 fix versus spending untold amounts of money in order to manufacture a new HTEV system to fit into an aftermarket header.... just saying..

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Hey Bladeracer, no. I want to machine another HTEV with the larger I.D.'s to try to regain some of the mid range I loose when I put my full system back on. Right now I have their "bolt-on" mounted and I'm still a little low on top end. Any thought?
Bob

If you put a full system on the bike though it won't have anywhere to put the HTEV so you will have to cut the middle out of the collector to put the HTEV in. A complete waste of effort in my opinion.
You have a litre-class bike, it doesn't lack any midrange.
You want to put a full system on to change the power curve, and then mess about with this to change the curve back to stock?
Put a good aftermarket system on and enjoy it for what it is.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you put a full system on the bike though it won't have anywhere to put the HTEV so you will have to cut the middle out of the collector to put the HTEV in. A complete waste of effort in my opinion.
You have a litre-class bike, it doesn't lack any midrange.
You want to put a full system on to change the power curve, and then mess about with this to change the curve back to stock?
Put a good aftermarket system on and enjoy it for what it is.
It's really not that much of a problem at all, I figure 6-8 hours to fab and get it on the bike. I'll have the top end of the full system and be able to supply back pressure to retain some of the mid.
Bob

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
It's really not that much of a problem at all, I figure 6-8 hours to fab and get it on the bike. I'll have the top end of the full system and be able to supply back pressure to retain some of the mid.
Bob

Personally, I think the HTEV will simply rob you of some of the top end benefit of the full system, making it pointless.
Are you likely to do dyno runs before and after this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts