Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a brand new 2001 Erion Racing edition 929 and would like to get an exhaust muffler (end piece) for it over the winter. I would really like to hear what the Erion Racing can sounds like... any links to video/sounds you know of with this can? I've had no luck finding one... thanks!

Barna

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I have the full system, don't waste 1/2 the cost on a slip-on.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some people have recommended me not to get a full system for this bike because of those exhaust valves the 929 has... they say without it, you may actually gain less performance than if I just put on a slip-on. This bike was a little over my budget so even if a full system is better, I don't need it. I'm upgrading from a GS500 so it will be a long while before I start looking for better performance out of her.

I'd like to hear the sound of a full system if it sounds the same as just the can.

Barna

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I can tell you the Erion system is pretty loud. As far as performance, the Erion will give you a decent gain up top, but expect to lose some power from 5k and below. Two of my buddies were able to smooth out the dip some thru mapping, but never really got the power back..

I prefer a certain Canadian system myself

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
I would have to agree with fl-929 on this one. I have a friend with a full Erion and to me it's too loud. A few weeks ago we had dyno runs done and my bone stock 954 made 124rwhp and his Erion 929 with a full Erion exhaust as well as cams made 130rwhp. His low end and midrange was much lower then mine but his top end was a bit stronger then mine. I was initially going to get the Erion for my 954 but just ordered said Canadian manufacturer this morning. Another friend of mine has an Erion bolt-on for his 954 and it to is loud.

Dano

Dano

·
Registered
112 Posts
ReaperAz is that a low dyno number for a stock 954---My bone stock 01 929 dynoed at 127(i know dyno's are different) just thought the 954 numbers would be higher.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would defanitely not want to loose anything in the low-mid range... top end I don't care TOO much about. So would 'Hindle' be good for me? I heard what the Hindle sounds like on their website... sweet!

Barna

·
Registered
728 Posts
I have an Erion bolt-on on my 954, and I think it sounds great. It is much quieter than the Micron on my VFR. It really comes alive (sound wise) above 7,000. I do have a bog down low, but have smoothed it out somewhat with the PCiiir. A custom map, finance minister permitting, is really the way to go. I wish I had a way to record the sound and put it on the web for you.
Sorry.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
ICE: I live at 2500 foot elevation and that is a pretty big horsepower robber. If i was to dyno it at sealevel I'm sure I would see arouns 132-134.

Dano

·
Registered
96 Posts
ReaperAZ : I would have to agree with fl-929 on this one.  I have a friend with a full Erion and to me it's too loud.  A few weeks ago we had dyno runs done and my bone stock 954 made 124rwhp and his Erion 929 with a full Erion exhaust as well as cams made 130rwhp.  His low end and midrange was much lower then mine but his top end was a bit stronger then mine.  I was initially going to get the Erion for my 954 but just ordered said Canadian manufacturer this morning.  Another friend of mine has an Erion bolt-on for his 954 and it to is loud.

Dano

Dano
IF IT'S TOO LOUD YOUR TOO OLD

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I have the Erion exhaust bolt on ( thanx skully ), and I love the sound. It gives the 929 a nice mean grunt. Compared to an akro ( 954) , and hindle ( 929 ahem Nomad ) it's much louder.

Absolutely no complaints here!!!!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I just saw that you're from T.O

If you've gone to Elements then you probably would have seen my bike there ( erion with the erion bolt on).

If you havent heard it there then you can definately hear it next season on my bike and decide for yourself.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't have the bike yet (picking it up in March) but want to get some shopping done over the winter. Are you still riding this season?.... they haven't salted the streets of Toronto yet so as long as they're clean, I'll be riding (my GS500), Where in TO are you?... I'm by Derry/427.

Barna

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I'm way in the other end (pickering).

Too cold for me to enjoy the ride for thisw year so the most i might do if i don't winterize it is do a few round the block rides.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
SKRWZ: Not too old just can't stand it when pipes are on the fringe of obnoxious, and to me I think it is. My first bike all I wanted was the loudest pipe I could get and I got a D&D. After having that pipe I have come to realize how valuable it is to actually be able to hear things around you instead of the never ending scream of a useless pipe(IMO that's what D&D's are). I myself would much rather have a pipe just a bit louder then stock that makes really good performance gains, instead of being able to wake up a three block radius and make minimal gains. As they say 'Opinions are like a$$holes....'

Dano

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
CBRBob : I have the full system, don't waste 1/2 the cost on a slip-on.
How does your full system's dyno chart compare to one with just the slip-on?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Erion claims 5hp with the slip-on and 9hp with the full system. I'm very happy with my slip-on, but my exhaust valve is starting to rattle. Anyone know how to fix it?

·
Registered
96 Posts
ReaperAZ : SKRWZ:  Not too old just can't stand it when pipes are on the fringe of obnoxious, and to me I think it is.  My first bike all I wanted was the loudest pipe I could get and I got a D&D.  After having that pipe I have come to realize how valuable it is to actually be able to hear things around you instead of the never ending scream of a useless pipe(IMO that's what D&D's are).  I myself would much rather have a pipe just a bit louder then stock that makes really good performance gains, instead of being able to wake up a three block radius and make minimal gains.  As they say 'Opinions are like a$$holes....'

Dano
Personally I hate the sound of a D+D no offence to anyone that likes them, I'd rather an Acropovic or a Hindle, But I had boath those In a bolt on and now as soon as I get the time to finish my garage I get to put an my Arata full system ...... Giddy up.

·
Registered
112 Posts
RRBARNA---Oh by the way I have the ER Full System on my Erion Racing 929----I love the exhaust it has a nice deep sound down low and screams in the upper RPM's. I even have the ER slip-on installed on my 600RR as well and man does it sounds freaking awesome. Erion all the way for me(but to each is own)

ICE

·
Registered
102 Posts
A friend of mine had a 929RR with an Erion slip-on, it was ok at lower rpm's but it did get loud.  I did not like it and it did bother him.  On long trips he would install the stocker.

He is a short video, it sounds good but is loud

929RR w/Erion slip on video

I have a 2 Brothers C-5 carbon slip on and it is ok, sounds good but is not to loud at higher rpm's

1 - 20 of 34 Posts