Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only recently came to know that the Erion brothers used to be 'together' (back in the days of Freddie Spencer's Superbike efforts, no?), but can someone provide some sort of chronology of what happened between them?

On a related side note, I for one think TBR makes outstanding stuff for streetbikes. Their full systems seem to be crafted of excellent materials, the finish top notch, and they fit tight as a glove. But there seems to be something of a resistance to embrace TBR wares here on this board and elsewhere. Is it due to some of the fallout between the Erion boys? Or is it simply because other products are perceived as better made?

I think it's an interesting topic overall -the whole issue of the division in the family- but know very little about it and hope someone with some insight will share. TIA.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
37 views and nobody knows anything about the Erion brothers splitting up? <sigh><lol>

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
if you MUST know,

call dan kyle, I'm sure he has a good take on the situation...

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
FWIW.. I've had quite a few TBR products on a couple of bikes and I've had nothing but excellent customer service and support, even when I bought the product 2nd-hand.

YMMV. I never had a problem wth anything of theirs that I owned (slip-ons or V4 fully systems).

- DH

·
Registered
502 Posts
From what I understand, the breakup came when Craig wanted to take the company more in the direction of merchandising, and Kevin wanted to concentrate on racing, with merchandising in the background. That may be an urban legend, but that is what I understand to be the basis of their split.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
I heard they were on the Jerry Springer show and........................ Sorry wrong brothers.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I had a Two-Bros slip-on for my F4 and I had one on my 929 before my Hindle. Both were excellent in the sound and build quality. I think no one on the site uses their full systems because they don't give great gains. Great sound -- poor HP.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I heard they were the same pipe....different lables pretty much...but you hear a lot of things in the motorcycle world!! I have seen TBR pipes going to crap though over the years...the fitment of these pipes are starting to be a joke, and they wobble like no other I have seen...

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
ccwilli3 : if you MUST know,

call dan kyle, I'm sure he has a good take on the situation...
Yeah I was going to say this. Dan worked with these guys in the beginning and well, his words won't be kind. I don't think you'll see him pushing either product

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
I said this to Chain in another thread: 'I'll go over to that thread now and give you a somewhat in-depth take on my opinion of Craig Erion.'

So, here I am. Craig Erion is a conceited, know-it-all who thinks his $hit doesn't stink. There, 'nuff said.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Pete : Craig Erion is a conceited, know-it-all who thinks his $hit doesn't stink.  There, 'nuff said.
Question is, if Craig Erion takes a #### in a forest, and there's no one there to smell it, does it still stink?

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Pete : I said this to Chain in another thread:  'I'll go over to that thread now and give you a somewhat in-depth take on my opinion of Craig Erion.'

So, here I am.  Craig Erion is a conceited, know-it-all who thinks his $hit doesn't stink.  There, 'nuff said.
Please stop beating around the bush and tell us what you really think of him

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ratter1 : Quote (Pete @ June 05 2003, 8:46am)I said this to Chain in another thread:  'I'll go over to that thread now and give you a somewhat in-depth take on my opinion of Craig Erion.'

So, here I am.  Craig Erion is a conceited, know-it-all who thinks his $hit doesn't stink.  There, 'nuff said.
Please stop beating around the bush and tell us what you really think of him
No kidding Pete. You incessantly beat around the bush.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I get it now! I was wondering why Honda folks didnt like TBR stuff around here...because Dan Kyle doesnt. I now see why most people push the Hindle and not the TBR! HP huh? I dont know Dan or whatever has happened to him and who he worked for but Im not a puppet on this website, I likeTBR it sounds great and was a great price. HP, yeah I might not have the extra...what 3-5 Hp as the Hindle but.....the bike still does 170 mph. You track guys may notice the difference and thats cool, I just think TBR is just as good as other stuff for us guys who just like to get away and ride with a little sound.

Go ahead flame away if you must

·
Registered
502 Posts
We don't think of you as a puppet, but the collective hre knows what works, and that ain't TBR. TBR might as well get started on a chromin' business for Harleys, 'cause that's about how functional their products are.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts