Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Aftershock, I'm sorry I forgot to answer your pm last night.

Here's the info from the manual (954, right?)

FIRST, though, take off the tin cover from the HTEV valve and see if there is a rock in there, impeding the movement of the exhaust valve. This happened to me twice. (Once after a tour of the kitty litter at Road America, but that's another story...), and once just coming up my driveway.

Step 1. Disconnect 6 pin connector on the servo motor. Check for loose or poor contact on the connections.

2. Reconnect servo motor 6 pin connector, place the bike on the sidestand.
Turn the ignition switch to on and see of the MIL blinks.

If not, you fixed it.
If MIL=35,

Turn the ignition switch to off and the engine stop switch to off. Disconnect the 6-pin connector again.
Disconnect the control cables to the servo motor.

Turn the ignition switch & engine switch to on and see of the MIL blinks.

If not, you found the source of the problem. Check all cables and operation of flapper and exhaust valve.
If MIL=35,

remove the servo motor, connect 12 V to red (+) and blue(-)
If it doesn't energize, that's your problem

If it Does, then the problem is either in your ECM harness, or the ECM.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
226 Posts
CBRVFR :
FIRST, though, take off the tin cover from the HTEV valve and see if there is a rock in there, impeding the movement of the exhaust valve. This happened to me twice. (Once after a tour of the kitty litter at Road America, but that's another story...), and once just coming up my driveway.

Learn the hard way and check it last.  

After wasting a few hours checking everything else, finding a rotten pearl in your oyster will bring you much happiness.   

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the servo motor seems to be dead. Took it off and applied 12V to the pins and nothing. They aren't cheap either, like $150 at ronayers...

Anyone selling one?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yep, my Road America off road jaunt toasted things as well. A quick call to our friend NH Firefighter and a shiny new Hindle system arrived in no time at all...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
even if I got a full system, won't I still have that pesky error code flashing all the time because there is no servo motor connected? I left it off for now, and I get error 34 - basically the ecu doesn't see a servo.

Is there any way to disable the error from displaying?

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
At the track it was distracting me so I put on some electrical tape. Much better..........

·
Registered
929 Posts
AfterShock : doesn't the servo also operate the flapper in the airbox? Do I need to remove that also or leave it as is?
Yes, Gut it or it will remain in the springloaded 'closed' position. I have been thinking a lot about removing my solenoid. If I get a wild hair up my butt (not literally ) then I will post a Thread with my findiings. I will also look in my box of parts when I get home and see if I have a leftover solenoid lying around.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
googolplexu : Quote (AfterShock @ Aug. 21 2003, 1:44pm)doesn't the servo also operate the flapper in the airbox? Do I need to remove that also or leave it as is?
Yes, Gut it or it will remain in the springloaded 'closed' position.  I have been thinking a lot about removing my solenoid.  If I get a wild hair up my butt (not literally ) then I will post a Thread with my findiings.  I will also look in my box of parts when I get home and see if I have a leftover solenoid lying around.

solenoid = servo?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts