Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently serving in the forces and i am getting posted to germany but i need a european headlight does ne1 know where i can hold of one i have checked ebay but there doesnt seem to be any around at the moment. ne help would be appreciated.

jon

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
if you are prepared to pay new prices then Honda can supply one, if not, keep looking on ebay, or use the stick-on thingies for now just to get the dip over to the right hand side of the road. tbh we didn't bother in France and didn't get flashed up by anyone.........

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately when we are posted our bikes have to go through a german MOT and they wont accept the stickers. I would buy new but honda are wanting an extortunate ammount of money for one. cheers for your help anyway.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we are talking about driving on the right hand side of the road as opposed to driving on the left as we do in the UK.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Come on guy,s this is a easy one to sort out,I,ve been doing this for years!!

OK here goes.
Look at your headlamp bulb...............has it got 3 locating lugs on it.........Yes??.........grab a set of cutters and snip them off cus you wont need them now.

Insert bulb so the top (now missing lug) is at 12 o clock,refit holding clip and wiring plug.
With bike about 10 feet from a wall or garage door put your lights on,you will find that the patten will kick upwards on the left hand side ( if in the UK )get hold of the end of the buld wiring plug and rotate it,the pattern will roll and if turned far enough will kick up to the right (for Europe)Yea I know its not perfect but its better than the cost of a new headlamp and I,ve been told that as long as the patten is at least straight and does not kick up to the left it will pass most Europian Tests.
Like I said,been doing it for years on bikes and up untill recently on cars too.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Haggler - thats a top tip, like it!

I assume that from what you are saying is that the filament is off the central line of the bulb that the rotation moves the filament in relation to the lens to have sufficient effect on the bean pattern?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yep..............OK its not perfect but atleast your not blinding the other drivers/riders ,best results is to turn it so you get a straight horizontal beam which will pass any MOT in the UK and so I,m told will in Europe too.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hi,

I have just read your posting and I am just after buying an Imported 1998 Fireblade RRW (Urban Tiger) and was looking for a set of UK lights for the UK MOT. So as you are looking for a European Set I thought we might be able to help each other out depending on the model of your bike.

Regards,

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I didn?t end up needing to change the headlight, the UK one passed the TUV check without any changes
Thanks for the update Jon I've been on the edge of my seat for 10 years now!

BTW, are you still in Germany? Still serving by chance? I see you took on a new project. Glad to see you back.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the update Jon I've been on the edge of my seat for 10 years now!

BTW, are you still in Germany? Still serving by chance? I see you took on a new project. Glad to see you back.
:) Not in germany any more mate i got out in 2013 and im now working for BT, yeah had to get rid of my other blade in Germany due to a divorce but as you've see I've got a new project and hope to get her all built up for next spring, im completely rebuilding her and going to put her in Urban Tiger colours. Im glad to be back mate

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
BT as in the communications company? Sorry, not a familiar company to me, I had to Google it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts