Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I acquired a Euro version of the CBR1000RR but I'm using it in the US now because the previous owner imported it in.
Having trouble finding a way to set the Coolant temperature to Fahrenheit.
I guess it cannot be done?

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
What year bike?

Some of the Euro bikes have programmable miles to kilometres, and Fahrenheit to centigrade. Definitely the case on the 954 and 929, and as I recall, on the 2004 - 2007s.

So give us your year of manufacture and you'll get the gospel answer with instructions.(y)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 2005 CBR1000RR bought in Italy, imported to UK for trade shows and then imported to USA.
Yes, it does have the option to change km/h to mph but it did not give me an option degree C/F

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Ok, your model does not have transferable temperature readings.

I attach a PDF copy of Owners Handbook for your reference.Page 19 & 20 refer to temperature reading. You will note in the front of the book that there's a few different regional models of our bikes made. Whilst mileage/klm are readily changeable on some models, it seems that none cater for temperature changes. I thought very few use the Farenheit scale now; perhaps USA is one of the few remaining countries to. But you will have our 'green' indicator tell-tale lights!:)

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[...]
I thought very few use the Farenheit scale now; perhaps USA is one of the few remaining countries to. But you will have our 'green' indicator tell-tale lights!:)
[...]
Thanks for helping. I appreciate it.

Yes, Americans like to compete with one hand tied behind their backs. ;)
I think there will be a revolt if they change everything to Metrics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts