Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so sick of the rain, it's been raining for the past few weeks. Today I was flying down the highway about 65-70 in my cherokee (thank god it wasn't my 954) and I hit about 18' of water just sitting in the middle of the highway. There is a construction zone and I guess the jersey barriers make good dams and the whole section was under almost 2 feet of water. Scared the hell out of me but I managed to get back under control and crawl through the rest of the water. The water was on Rt.495 in Lowell, MA for you people familiar with the area. Roads in New Hampshire are completely washing out, crazy #### I tell ya!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Since my celica is pretty low to the ground as it is, I always take it easy when it rains.

One time last year while driving through a known flood plain in SoCal, I was being tailgated by an SUV from behind. I can understand him wanting to faster cause they have so much more ground clearance.

But this guy wanted to like 80+ MPH. When he got his chance he passed me, and I just chilled stayed at my pace.

As luck would have it, he came upon a rather deep puddle at full speed. He threw a pretty huge squall to either side and left some SUV parts behind on the road.  Even if he had cleared the water line, I'm sure he would've hydroplaned right onto the shoulder.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
2k2954 : I am so sick of the rain, it's been raining for the past few weeks.  Today I was flying down the highway about 65-70 in my cherokee (thank god it wasn't my 954) and I hit about 18' of water just sitting in the middle of the highway.  There is a construction zone and I guess the jersey barriers make good dams and the whole section was under almost 2 feet of water.  Scared the hell out of me but I managed to get back under control and crawl through the rest of the water.  The water was on Rt.495 in Lowell, MA for you people familiar with the area.  Roads in New Hampshire are completely washing out, crazy #### I tell ya!
i know that area. did you see any toothless hookers floating in the 'river'

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
bubba : Quote (2k2954 @ Aug. 12 2003, 5:01pm)I am so sick of the rain, it's been raining for the past few weeks.  Today I was flying down the highway about 65-70 in my cherokee (thank god it wasn't my 954) and I hit about 18' of water just sitting in the middle of the highway.  There is a construction zone and I guess the jersey barriers make good dams and the whole section was under almost 2 feet of water.  Scared the hell out of me but I managed to get back under control and crawl through the rest of the water.  The water was on Rt.495 in Lowell, MA for you people familiar with the area.  Roads in New Hampshire are completely washing out, crazy #### I tell ya!
i know that area.  did you see any toothless hookers floating in the 'river'
Geez bubba, can't you just once stop trawling for roadkill?

·
Registered
799 Posts
2k2954 : I am so sick of the rain, it's been raining for the past few weeks.  Today I was flying down the highway about 65-70 in my cherokee (thank god it wasn't my 954) and I hit about 18' of water just sitting in the middle of the highway.  There is a construction zone and I guess the jersey barriers make good dams and the whole section was under almost 2 feet of water.  Scared the hell out of me but I managed to get back under control and crawl through the rest of the water.  The water was on Rt.495 in Lowell, MA for you people familiar with the area.  Roads in New Hampshire are completely washing out, crazy #### I tell ya!
Ahahahaha, I know right where that is! Right at the RT3 construction. I hit that in my car a week ago when it was real nice at noon and then 5 inches of rain at 4pm. Caught alot of bikers out in it. Saw a harley right in the middle of it, stopped on the thin shoulder next to the jerzy barrier stalled. Standing in 3' of water, getting nearly washed away by a 6ft wall of water with each passing car. This was Northbound. I work up in Littleton, from NH every day so I know the area well. Glad the road is at least paved now. Was grooved for 7 miles or so for a month straight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts