Freaked me out a bit, and they're asking me to hold the item. I did check headers and it does actually appear to be from them. Hmm...:huh:We regret to inform you that you received funds from an account with reports of fraudulent bank account use. The transaction listed below is
Transaction ID: ******************
Transaction Date: Mar. 3, 2005
Transaction Amount: $*.** USD
Buyer's Email: ***********@hotmail.com
Buyer's Name: G**** J****
To help in our investigation, please reply with the following information
within 7 calendar days:
1. The item that was purchased and the value of the item.
2. The name and address given to you by the buyer.
3. Whether or not the purchase has been shipped. (If you have not yet sent
the purchase, please do not proceed with the exchange.)
4. If already shipped, please provide the company used, date of shipment,
and tracking number, so that PayPal can verify the shipment and delivery
online. (For transactions of $250.00 USD or more, you must provide a
proof-of-receipt in the form of a signature from the buyer.)
5. Details of any other payments you sent or received that were related to
the above transaction.
6. Your day and evening phone numbers.
We would like to obtain as much information as possible about the above
transaction, including any email correspondence between you and the buyer,
in order to expedite this investigation. Solving fraudulent cases helps us
continue to offer PayPal as a secure and cost-effective payment service.
Thank you for your cooperation and assistance.
Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team