Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
Has anyone ever heard of or think its possible for a 1000rr to hit 100,000 miles??
Properly maintained I can't see any problem at all.
Maintenance is the key though.

·
Registered
89 Posts
There was a fella on here (blackadder) who was clocking up 25k miles/year on his RR8, he must be up to 50k by now so half way there.
sadly, the bike died in an accident in August 2009 with 28k miles. she was running fine, if not better than ever.
the accident was not my fault, 3rd party paid reasonably good money, I sold the salvage and now I got 2010 bike, we are at 4400 miles only.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Oh no, sorry to hear that, but glad it's worked out OK for you.
Thanks, it took 3 months but the result is just fine - the new bike plus the same modifications as I had on the old one, with power up by 5bhp (now 175bhp at the wheel). I should get some more money for expenses and injuries.

D'oh! That really sucks.

How did YOU fair in that mishap?
a car pulled out from a petrol station, by the time we met I was doing stoppie and when the bike collided with the car I just flew over and dropped on the road behind the car, cracked a bone in my calve and got bruise on my bum, not too bad considering I was braking from about 60mph (did not have a space to avoid the car).

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
my cbr 1000rr has 28881 miles and it broke down for the first time. Im pretty sure the stator went out. :( Iwas hoping for some advice from anyone bladeracer jazzy ect... thanks guys

What sort of advice?
Have you done the tests of the charging system already?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
with the multi meter hooked up it would gain anything just lose. So i changed the stator. Ricks stator is the one i chose it got better reviews. Works fine now its been starting just fine again. Im scared its gonna happen again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i know its an old thread but i got about 95k right now... by the end of next month i should be at 100k dont know what the odometer will read tho will it go to 0000? and no mechanical problems at all only stator went out like at 36K miles but that was recalled no problems since
i ride a CBR 1000rr 2007

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
my local honda dealership had a used 05 1000rr with 94,000 miles on it for sale. it still looked great. they wanted 3500$ for it. thats what id consider high mileage for sure....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.