Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode to the gym this morning, went did my deal and left about an hour later. When I started my bike I noticed the clock and trip had reset. My commute was about 25 min to the gym, not a short trip. This is the only incident thus far. Any ideas if this might be a precursor to a charging issue or something else?

·
Registered
24 Posts
ive had that problem a couple of times on my honda cruiser. It was awhile ago but I remember it to be either a simple loose ground or blown fuse. It could have been a battery. Just give your electrical a good once over with a good flashlight and make sure everything looks good. Have you done any mods recently?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did check connections once I got home today and all looks good. No new mods, <slapping forehead>stupid no money for mods!

Mabey the "thief" was my alterego that did not completly cover his tracks, the doc was right. Guess I should pay him now.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
I rode to the gym this morning, went did my deal and left about an hour later. When I started my bike I noticed the clock and trip had reset. My commute was about 25 min to the gym, not a short trip. This is the only incident thus far. Any ideas if this might be a precursor to a charging issue or something else?
How old is the battery? Did the bike start right up?

If the battery is sending all its power to the starter on startup it may not have the juice to run anything else.

When the battery in my Jeep started to quit, the radio would lose all it's presets as every last ounce of juice was being sucked up by the starter.

·
Registered
335 Posts
yeah its either your battery or the regulator. mi bike was doing the same and replaced the battery and nothing, same problem so i replaced the regulator and tha was it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts