Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel I was cheated in a local pool tournament this weekend so when I got home I searched for contact info for the officials of the league, this must be common since they have a link for filing complaints about the handicap system. Anyways I checked my email today and saw a confirmation notice which included the form I filled out.

To say the least my grammar were very ungood. Ande mi speelling waz farr frum kindregardon leavle.

I'm guess my complaint wont be taken seriously since it'll look like I'm just a sore loser, which I dont think I am, when I lose in a fair manner.

This is the second email I've sent when pissed and the second time I've looked like a complete :asshat:

·
Registered
846 Posts
I feel I was cheated in a local pool tournament this weekend so when I got home I searched for contact info for the officials of the league, this must be common since they have a link for filing complaints about the handicap system. Anyways I checked my email today and saw a confirmation notice which included the form I filled out.

To say the least my grammar were very ungood. Ande mi speelling waz farr frum kindregardon leavle.

I'm guess my complaint wont be taken seriously since it'll look like I'm just a sore loser, which I dont think I am, when I lose in a fair manner.

This is the second email I've sent when pissed and the second time I've looked like a complete :asshat:
I know what you mean. I've done it a few times and seen it done several times, even at the professional level (emailing pissed). I find it's just too easy to let go and really say what's on your mind when you aren't actually interacting with someone like you would verbally.

Now I write what I feel, save the email in drafts, and then come back the next day read what I wrote the day before. Every time since I've done this I end up editing it ... rarely do I still want to say what I said in anger the day before.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Sent a Mistaken E-mail? Retrieve It
from Network Services Staff
Have you ever accidentally sent an e-mail you wish you could "unsend"? Well, you can!
If you use Microsoft Exchange Server as your e-mail server and Outlook as your email program, you can recall the message before the person has a chance to read it.
To recall a message after you've sent it:
1. Open your Sent Items folder.
2. Double-click the message you want recalled.
3. On the Actions menu, click Recall This Message.
4. To recall the message, click Delete unread copies of this message. To replace the message with another one, click Delete unread copies and replace with a new message, click OK, and then type a new message.
5. To be notified about the success of the recall or replacement for each recipient, select the Tell me if recall succeeds or fails for each recipient check box.
6. Click OK.
from Tips for Outlook

if only it worked on all systems.... :idunno:

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
I was going through my archives and wished I could have back lots of e-mails I'd sent my first year out of school...

Anyway, the golden rule for e-mails, or forum posts for that matter, is never put up anything you wouldn't want to see on the front page of the newspaper.

If I'm pissed doing an e-mail, I'll save it as a draft...when I look at it later, I just about always don't send it until I've written almost the whole thing.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
from Tips for Outlook

if only it worked on all systems.... :idunno:
Depending on how Outlook is setup it may not be able to recall the email. Our system is setup to download all emails off the server and store them on the computer the person is using. Once it's off the server, the email will remain with the receiver. They then receive a recall notice alerting them to your vile email. It's up to them to delete it or read it first.

I put myself in the group that says to save to drafts or write it in Word first. At least Word will spell check the document for you so you don't look like an angry retard. Just angry.

I don't always follow my own advice and spew forth vile, angry diatribes about quarterly though.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
In the past two years, I have sent numerious pissed emails to "it" and I don't regret any one of them.... It felt great. :rotfl: The only thing is I write the way I speak so I'm not sure if he understood what I was really pissed about :idunno:

There's absolutely no hope for me....Since I write the way I speak.... :crying: which suck bad at time and good at others..:thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts