Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the guys on 600rr.net just upgraded, got his in on Friday

http://www.600rr.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7770

As of this post I have put about 170 miles on the 1000rr. Since it's not completely broken in, I've been *trying* to take it easy, keeping RPMs under 6k when possible (1000rr redlines at 11.5k). Today I took the bike to my favorite twisty mountain road, and was estatic!

With the 600rr I usually go into sharp corners at about 8k rpm so I'd have plenty of power coming out. I was going in and out of corners at the same speed with the 1000rr at about 5.5k and it was just humming along like it was taking a stroll at the beach.

One of my fears was that the larger 1000rr would handle sluggishly compared to the 600rr but this is not true. The 600rr seems to be just a hair more nimble in cornering (the smallest smallest hair), but the HESD steering dampener on the 1000rr makes up for it by letting you hold your lines smoother, and lean with more confidence.

The tank feels longer, and after riding for most of the day today my neck is kinda sore. The power is amazing, and delivery through the RPMs is smooth as silk. Roll-on wheelies at 5k rpm with only 1/4 twist, and they come up fast! 8k rpm in top gear yeilds a very comfortable 130 MPH, and the bike just purrs the whole time.

Braking seems to be about the same at the 600rr right now (distance to stop, and feel), but I had been told that 100% braking power would not be achieved until around 300 miles of use. The 1000rr has a hydraulic clutch, but as of yet I haven't seen the advantages/disadvantages of it over the cabled cluch on the 600rr.

Only thing that bugs me about the 1000rr is the lack of a fuel gauge! The 1000rr has a low fuel indicator light, but no bar-gauge like on the 600rr. What a bummer! Oh, and the trunk isn't any bigger either.b

The 600rr is for sale if anyone is interested (Tucson AZ) - http://article15.7inchtaint.com/forsale/cbr600rr

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
"The power is amazing, and delivery through the RPMs is smooth as silk. Roll-on wheelies at 5k rpm with only 1/4 twist, and they come up fast! 8k rpm in top gear yeilds a very comfortable 130 MPH"

Clearly, it's underpowered...

Z...

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
but the HESD steering dampener on the 1000rr makes up for it by letting you hold your lines smoother, and lean with more confidence.
how the hell does the HESD damper make up for a slower steering bike that "lets you hold your lines smoother and with more confidence"

:idunno: :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
ccwilli3 said:
how the hell does the HESD damper make up for a slower steering bike that "lets you hold your lines smoother and with more confidence"

:idunno: :rotfl:
Dampener?

-Shrub

·
Registered
85 Posts
hilaryhitch said:
Have got 1000RR with about 1000 miles on clock. Clutch fluid black and poor clutch feed back. Have you had similar problems or have any ideas?
Hilary
its hydraulic, the fluid will do that. what do you mean poor clutch feedback? what kind of feedback do you want from a clutch? you pull it in and it engages... you let it go and it disengages...what more do you want?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts